Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I Am Feeling Uncomfortably Numb

el punal

To misquote Pink Floyd’s classic song.

Not anger - that was after the Burnley shitfest. Disappointment, after Villa. Resignation, after Liverpool were in second gear last Saturday.

Last night? Can we got enough points to avoid relegation? At least we can now all switch off for two weeks and be numb in the knowledge that we play Norwich - arguably the worst team in the Premier League results-wise. If we can’t get something out of that match? I’ll put that to bed until April 2nd and hope and pray that Potter has weaved his magic and the team revert back to the form of us playing Chelsea or Liverpool away.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
I have absolutely zero faith Norwich will be anything but a 0-0 draw, or they’ll knick a win.

The seismic downturn in performance levels has been quite amazing to witness. We’ve lost our most in form CB, didn’t replace him, didn’t recall anyone. Three of our main players are seemingly not signing new contracts. Trossard has been invisible in games since the turn of the year. Bissouma seems to have lost all form. And no goals for Maupay.

Cucurella, probably up there for best performer this season, now filling in and CB and LB, meaning we’ve lost one of our main attacking outlets. Lamptey not strong enough defensively in a 4 so having to play as a right forward as not enough CBs to have a back 3 and have him in his natural wing back position.

No idea game to game which of mac, Moder, lallana, gross, Alzate is going to play, so no real consistency in the middle of the park.

Dunk on maybe his worst run of form since promotion, not helped with having to play with either Veltman (clearly a RB and not comfortable at CB) or Duffy, who, as much as we love him has never truly looked comfortable as a potter player.

The idea that this Webster injury was unlucky, he’s had issues all season, it wasn’t that wild a prediction that another muscle strain would pop up.

I don’t blame Potter, I love what he’s done, and I think the blasè approach in January from the club that we have enough points wise so to not call anyone back as cover is doing serious damage.

Hard not to feel gutted that what looked like such a promising season is going to come down to trying to scramble enough points to avoid joining the relegation battle.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know the feeling but am currently spraying the garden with Dicphar - that's livening things up.

Masks and gloves are for wimps.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I have absolutely zero faith Norwich will be anything but a 0-0 draw, or they’ll knick a win.

The seismic downturn in performance levels has been quite amazing to witness. We’ve lost our most in form CB, didn’t replace him, didn’t recall anyone. Three of our main players are seemingly not signing new contracts. Trossard has been invisible in games since the turn of the year. Bissouma seems to have lost all form. And no goals for Maupay.

Cucurella, probably up there for best performer this season, now filling in and CB and LB, meaning we’ve lost one of our main attacking outlets. Lamptey not strong enough defensively in a 4 so having to play as a right forward as not enough CBs to have a back 3 and have him in his natural wing back position.

No idea game to game which of mac, Moder, lallana, gross, Alzate is going to play, so no real consistency in the middle of the park.

Dunk on maybe his worst run of form since promotion, not helped with having to play with either Veltman (clearly a RB and not comfortable at CB) or Duffy, who, as much as we love him has never truly looked comfortable as a potter player.

The idea that this Webster injury was unlucky, he’s had issues all season, it wasn’t that wild a prediction that another muscle strain would pop up.

I don’t blame Potter, I love what he’s done, and I think the blasè approach in January from the club that we have enough points wise so to not call anyone back as cover is doing serious damage.

Hard not to feel gutted that what looked like such a promising season is going to come down to trying to scramble enough points to avoid joining the relegation battle.

Absolutely spot on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It feels a bit like when we were promoted and we spent our money home and away for the last three games to be taken for granted by the players who had given up and the job was done and the feeling that they couldn't care about the trophy we as fans were desperate for after getting the P next to Brighton in the table.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

Can't disagree with a word of this, sadly

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
How come he get's a spot on which is largely identical to what I typed on the other thread that you disputed? :shrug: :cool:

I said I really enjoyed your posts in writing Bold! :) Now back to your seat and sit nicely with the rest of the class.

el punal

What a good post - that sums up my feelings entirely. What is so disappointing, and depressing, is that I never thought we’d sink so low so quickly. Why has this team, that were absolutely buzzing with confidence and spirit, fail so abjectly in a matter of weeks? I hope I’m wrong but this reminds me of the last days of the Hughton era when we lost in short order to Bournemouth and Cardiff. The upcoming Norwich game will be vital in, not just a decent result, but a positive performance as well.

Is there something going on behind the scenes that we’re unaware of? Has Dan Ashworth’s departure had a much bigger impact than we thought? Or, and I hope I’m right with this one, that the players en masse are all suffering a major dip in form and will dig themselves out of the hole very soon?

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Is it only me that remembers not so long ago that we were all feeling very smug and reminding ourselves what a great time to be a Brighton supporter? We left the Amex knowing we gave very good accounts of ourselves and now, yes now we are going through a sticky patch and we want the best manager we have had for an age sacked? People with short memories. Potter is an upgrade on Hughton and most eulogised that and suddenly he is no better. Probably the same people who don’t turn up for games or those that take part in the fire drill scheduled for every game it seems now.

I for one will stick with him and retain the belief that we had at the beginning of the season. He needs support for goodness sake and not lambasting. I will probably get some dogs abuse from some here but will defend his case!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here