Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC- 2022 Season Edition

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
They've just broken the record for the highest fifth wicket partnership in county cricket

The world record is held by one of the players in this match

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Delray's figures must create some new records....

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What's the odds of Leicestershire getting to four figures when they get to bat on this wicket?

Dramatically reduced...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Delray's figures must create some new records....

Most conceded by a Sussex player, beating Cyril Bland's 3 for 207 against Surrey in 1900. If he goes for 21 more, then it's the most conceded in a county championship match - but the world record is way off, he'd have to go for 151 more

EDIT If he goes for 8 more it beats the CC record. And if he goes for 40 more, he beats the most runs conceded without taking a wicket

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ackermann and Mulder at the same end, all Delray needed to do was underarm it back to the bowler, waiting behind the stumps to affect the run out, instead he threw it wildly over the bowlers head. Honestly the worst piece of fielding you’re likely to see from a professional cricketer. Do these guys actually practice or just turn up?

….100+ runs later I see they’re both still in
Cheers Delray

Keep batting Leicestershire, no chance of a result on this pitch, you may as well grind us into the dirt.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Would be interested to see how many individual and team records have been broken this season in matches against us

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Has any team lost a county match when scoring 588 or more in the 1st innings?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I would be livid if I was the Leicestership batsmen

Ackerman only needed another 23 runs for 300 and Mulder needed 15 for 250.

You don't get there very often.

In my case not at all.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Highest total against – 726 by Nottinghamshire, Nottingham, 1895[

Not any more.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Nottinghamshire vs Northamptonshire 1995. Northants posted 500+ and lost by an innings.

I think the answer is no.

EDIT: That was for an innings defeat. I would imagine a team has scored 600 and lost a match. England managed over 500 in the Adelaide Test of 2006.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
They've just broken the record for the highest fifth wicket partnership in county cricket

The world record is held by one of the players in this match

That is plain ridiculous

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

Derbyshire lost to Sussex this season after making 551-8D, which is close enough. Worth noting Sussex lost Haines on this batting paradise. I won’t critique the players in these conditions.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Derbyshire lost to Sussex this season after making 551-8D, which is close enough. Worth noting Sussex lost Haines on this batting paradise. I won’t critique the players in these conditions.

This wicket is a disgrace - Sussex should be fined for this, but they won't be as there seem to be no sanctions for producing a road. How are clubs meant to entice people to watch four-day matches when they produce tracks like this? 15 wickets in 12 sessions! Appalling.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
This wicket is a disgrace - Sussex should be fined for this, but they won't be as there seem to be no sanctions for producing a road. How are clubs meant to entice people to watch four-day matches when they produce tracks like this? 15 wickets in 12 sessions! Appalling.

Agreed. Over 350 overs now for just 14 wickets in this game at the point where the draw was declared.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
104 runs per wicket in this match.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

The flippant answer is to produce better bowlers but in all seriousness why would any kid want to be a bowler when they are just cannon fodder for the Bish Bash Bosh style of cricket that the ECB want/

A good wicket will have something for everyone at various stages of the match. This Sussex wicket must have conceded nigh on 500 runs in the past 24 hours, the majority on Day 4. Members voted with their feet today and the ground was empty.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Pujara still not won a first class match in England this summer...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here