Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC- 2022 Season Edition

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
How will the Under 18s (plus Finn) do this year?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Due to a delay in issuing his visa, Cheteshwar Pujara will not be available for this week's match against Nottinghamshire

Pujara: *Googles Sussex CCC recent history*

Also Pujara: “Oh no, my visa…”

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Sussex CCC - a big step forward

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics...n_filby_new_chairman_matt_prior_approval.html

Sussex have a new chairman and Matt Prior is hailing it as a big step forward after a period of infighting.

Bob Warren stepped down at last week's annual meeting, and his replacement is Jon Filby, who has been chair of the Sussex Cricket Foundation since 2017.

Two years before that he was project manager for the integration of Sussex CCC with the Sussex Cricket Board.

Prior tweeted on Wednesday morning (April 6): "The majority of [Sussex] fans/members won't realise how important the changes made over the last week have been for the club. I wholeheartedly believe the right calls have been made and am now hopeful we will be able to rebuild and right many of the wrongs from the last six years!"

The former wicketkeeper has been an outspoken critic of those in charge of Sussex in recent seasons. It remains to be seen if the 40-year-old, who won 79 Test caps for England, will become involved with the club again now.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics...n_filby_new_chairman_matt_prior_approval.html

Sussex have a new chairman and Matt Prior is hailing it as a big step forward after a period of infighting.

Bob Warren stepped down at last week's annual meeting, and his replacement is Jon Filby, who has been chair of the Sussex Cricket Foundation since 2017.

Two years before that he was project manager for the integration of Sussex CCC with the Sussex Cricket Board.

Prior tweeted on Wednesday morning (April 6): "The majority of [Sussex] fans/members won't realise how important the changes made over the last week have been for the club. I wholeheartedly believe the right calls have been made and am now hopeful we will be able to rebuild and right many of the wrongs from the last six years!"

The former wicketkeeper has been an outspoken critic of those in charge of Sussex in recent seasons. It remains to be seen if the 40-year-old, who won 79 Test caps for England, will become involved with the club again now.

Doesn't six years ago coincide with James May leaving?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

If Prior thinks it's good news then I'll go along with it. Chance to 'rebuild and right many of the wrongs from the last six years' indeed! Despite everything I'm looking forward to the season.

(Start of the season and I'm ludicrously over-optimistic! No doubt I'll be back to my usual moaning and pessimistic self before the end of the month).

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
If Prior thinks it's good news then I'll go along with it. Chance to 'rebuild and right many of the wrongs from the last six years' indeed! Despite everything I'm looking forward to the season.

(Start of the season and I'm ludicrously over-optimistic! No doubt I'll be back to my usual moaning and pessimistic self before the end of the month).

Possibly the first session!

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Sussex CCC

Fantastic news if correct, well done Jon - huge congratulations. Delighted for you, it'll be a lot of hard work - but the Club couldn't be in better hands. Your father would be so proud and rightly so.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
New Chairman elected yesterday. Jon Filby.

Matt Prior is clearly a fan and Chris Adams seems emboldened.

Lots of work to do but positive changes look likely.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
New Chairman elected yesterday. Jon Filby.

Matt Prior is clearly a fan and Chris Adams seems emboldened.

Lots of work to do but positive changes look likely.

I have merged the 'Big Step Forward' thread with this - seems the right place for it :thumbsup:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I have merged the 'Big Step Forward' thread with this - seems the right place for it [emoji106]
[emoji1787]I didn't read Big Step Forward as thought it was a reference to the clean sheet against Norwich...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
1.png

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Who or what is a George Burrows?

https://sussexcricket.co.uk/news/george-burrows-signs-sussex

Sussex Cricket have signed George Burrows on a short-term contract for the opening month of the season.

Burrows, a right-arm medium fast bowler arrives at Sussex after leaving Lancashire at the end of 2021 season. George made two first class appearances for Lancashire in the 2020 Bob Willis Trophy, taking four wickets.

At the end of the 2021 season George made an appearance for our 2nd XI playing against Durham where he bowled 36 overs taking four wickets at an economy of 4.64.

George will be available for both preseason friendlies against Surrey (23 – 25 March) and Durham UCCE (28 – 30 March) and then the first four rounds of the LV= Insurance County Championship against Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Worcestershire and Durham.

Ian Salisbury, Championship coach, said “George is a top lad whose impressed us with his bowling, attitude and determination. Everyone deserves a second chance and I’m sure working with James Kirtley can only benefit him and add something different to our bowling unit.”

George Burrows, said “It’s a privilege to get the opportunity down here at Hove, and hopefully I can have a positive impact on the first part of the season.”

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here