Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC- 2022 Season Edition

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Its been a really successful tour of South Africa for the Academy lads. They've won all the games they've played I think (although a few have been cancelled due to huge thunderstorms) and they have one game left tomorrow before packing up and flying home Thursday.

On a personal level, its been a fantastic trip for my lad. First trip away from home for this amount of time (& loved every minute of it), made loads of new mates from the Kent Academy, done lots of sightseeing / been on safari etc and, from a playing POV, taken quite a few wickets & scored a century off 49 balls on Saturday against a Cape Town Select XI.

Not sure he wants to come home tbh!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Its been a really successful tour of South Africa for the Academy lads. They've won all the games they've played I think (although a few have been cancelled due to huge thunderstorms) and they have one game left tomorrow before packing up and flying home Thursday.

On a personal level, its been a fantastic trip for my lad. First trip away from home for this amount of time (& loved every minute of it), made loads of new mates from the Kent Academy, done lots of sightseeing / been on safari etc and, from a playing POV, taken quite a few wickets & scored a century off 49 balls on Saturday against a Cape Town Select XI.

Not sure he wants to come home tbh!
Well done Frankie. Having looked out of the window and seen the weather, I'm not sure I'd want to come home either :lolol:

Hoping for a lot more from him next season

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Well done Frankie. Having looked out of the window and seen the weather, I'm not sure I'd want to come home either :lolol:

Hoping for a lot more from him next season
Us too Max!
Spoke to him last week and he said he finally feels like hes in a good place again with the bat after Yards broke his finger last Summer!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
The new Travis Head.

Can we have Pujara back instead.
Pujara is coming back isn't he?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Great, get him used to failure

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Great, get him used to failure
From the Sussex point of view I think having him would be great, and I'd like to watch him for once without wishing he'd just get out and piss off.
From an England perspective I'm not sure I'm too happy with him having a load of net sessions with Robinson and Archer before the Ashes.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Crikey, Pujara and Smith in our middle order ... we'll rack up a few 500+ scores.

Pity we won't have the bowlers to stop the opposition scoring 500 though.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Crikey, Pujara and Smith in our middle order ... we'll rack up a few 500+ scores.

Pity we won't have the bowlers to stop the opposition scoring 500 though.
Unleaa we're allowed to play Robbo and Jofra to get them up to speed.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Do we really want Smith? Not sure if we want our youngsters to learn from him. Leave that to Pujara

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So much for the money having run out. Crikey
I doubt he would be here for the money. It's just as beneficial to him as it is for us.

That said, taking in oppo players before an Ashes series is pretty frowned upon. I remember Phil Hughes (RIP) at Middlesex raising questions. He didn't have a great summer series though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here