Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Albion v Tottenham

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Wednesday 16th March 2022
Kick-off: 19:30 GMT
Referee: Robert Jones
Assistants: Darren Cann, Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Graham Scott
VAR: Lee Mason
Additional VAR: Matthew Wilkes

TEAM NEWS

Brighton defender Adam Webster misses out again with a groin problem.

Adam Lallana will await the results of a scan after coming off with a hamstring injury during the weekend defeat to Liverpool but the Seagulls have no other new injury concerns.

Tottenham have no new fitness worries but remain without Ryan Sessegnon and Japhet Tanganga because of respective thigh and knee injuries.

Midfielder Oliver Skipp is also still sidelined with a groin issue.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton have won successive home league matches against Tottenham without conceding a goal.
    [*=left]Spurs have won five of the eight Premier League meetings (D1, L2).
    [*=left]Tottenham beat the Seagulls in the FA Cup fourth round last month.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton could lose six consecutive league games for the first time since 2006 in the Championship.
    [*=left]It's just one win in 10 league and cup matches for Graham Potter's side.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have won once in 11 Premier League home fixtures (D5, L5).
    [*=left]Albion have scored just 10 league goals at home this season, the joint-lowest total in the top flight.
    [*=left]Neal Maupay needs one goal to surpass Glenn Murray and become Brighton's outright record Premier League scorer with 27 goals.
Tottenham

• [*=left]Tottenham have won four of their last seven Premier League away games, losing the other three.
    [*=left]Spurs have a record of seven wins and eight defeats from 15 matches in 2022.
    [*=left]They have benefitted from five own goals in the top flight this season, more than any other side, and equalling their highest total for a whole season in the Premier League.
    [*=left]Harry Kane needs one more goal to hold outright the record for most Premier League away goals. He is currently level with Wayne Rooney on 94.

Graham Potter's Tottenham Press Conference

[tweet]1504163086495748098[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1504163086495748098

Last edited:

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
attachment.php
attachment.php

Albion v Tottenham

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Wednesday 16th March 2022
Kick-off: 19:30 GMT
Referee: Robert Jones
Assistants: Darren Cann, Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Graham Scott
VAR: Lee Mason
Additional VAR: Matthew Wilkes

TEAM NEWS

Brighton defender Adam Webster misses out again with a groin problem.

Adam Lallana will await the results of a scan after coming off with a hamstring injury during the weekend defeat to Liverpool but the Seagulls have no other new injury concerns.

Tottenham have no new fitness worries but remain without Ryan Sessegnon and Japhet Tanganga because of respective thigh and knee injuries.

Midfielder Oliver Skipp is also still sidelined with a groin issue.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton have won successive home league matches against Tottenham without conceding a goal.
    [*=left]Spurs have won five of the eight Premier League meetings (D1, L2).
    [*=left]Tottenham beat the Seagulls in the FA Cup fourth round last month.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton could lose six consecutive league games for the first time since 2006 in the Championship.
    [*=left]It's just one win in 10 league and cup matches for Graham Potter's side.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have won once in 11 Premier League home fixtures (D5, L5).
    [*=left]Albion have scored just 10 league goals at home this season, the joint-lowest total in the top flight.
    [*=left]Neal Maupay needs one goal to surpass Glenn Murray and become Brighton's outright record Premier League scorer with 27 goals.
Tottenham

• [*=left]Tottenham have won four of their last seven Premier League away games, losing the other three.
    [*=left]Spurs have a record of seven wins and eight defeats from 15 matches in 2022.
    [*=left]They have benefitted from five own goals in the top flight this season, more than any other side, and equalling their highest total for a whole season in the Premier League.
    [*=left]Harry Kane needs one more goal to hold outright the record for most Premier League away goals. He is currently level with Wayne Rooney on 94.

Graham Potter's Tottenham Press Conference

Spoke a lot of realistic and measured sense.

'They're a good side.'

'Like I said.' (He says that more than 'it is what it is)'.

Full of praise for Kane. Thought he might have said that he's a dirty, cheating b'stard, but he didn't. He did mention the losses of White, Burn, Dunk and Webster for all or part of the season when asked about our recent poor run. Wonder what he really thinks about selling White and Burn. We'll never know.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Man I would love us to beat the Spuds. Would be great to just score some goals - can Welbeck start he seems like a decent player?Alongside Maupay up front?

Need to be loose to take something from this one- Spurs don’t like it up em.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Leicester in September the last home win I saw. 1 missed in-between was Brentford. That is an absolutely woeful record. God I hope we win tonight, even looking like scoring would be nice.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I think a draw would be a good result. Just got to stop the rot, however we can.
Then beat Norwich next game and we're on a roll again!

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Hard to be confident if we are realistic, but Spurs have shown they are not invincible…. With a little bit of luck and the run of the ball, you never know. Either way , I will enjoy following the match from home . :albion2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does it matter?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really looking forward to watching The Harry Kane show tonight… :nono:

Need to drag either Cullip, El Abd or Greer back from the dead just to give Harry something to actually scream about.

It's not as if we haven't practiced the 5 minute substitution drill.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The big decision is whether to watch the match or some paint dry. Could go either way, it’s still early.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Leicester in September the last home win I saw. 1 missed in-between was Brentford. That is an absolutely woeful record. God I hope we win tonight, even looking like scoring would be nice.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

In the same boat and not going tonight so you should see a win

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is that where we bring on a sub who gets injured and needs to come off five minutes later?

Only this time the sub does the injuring.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Am seeing John Bishop at the Brighton Centre, so the footballing gods will probably ensure I'm going to miss a corking match.

Fingers' crossed.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I predicted 1-1 on the score predictor but fat thumb on a small phone screen when I tried to submit it ended up with it going in as "other". This is clearly destiny dictating a 5-4 match that will go down in Amex legend, not only for the score and the quality of football, but also for Lallana scoring an absolute screamer to win the match in the 96th minute and giving it all Keown/van Nistelrooy to Kane in revenge for that abysmal "tackle" Kane did on him a year or two ago. Can't wait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here