Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Championship 2021/22

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've always felt it is perhaps the most entertaining league in the world so I thought maybe a dedicated thread would make us talk more about it.

Surprised to see Barnsley doing well in the last month. Poya is one of those managers from Sweden who was really inspired by Graham Potter, but similar to GP he has been critisised of advocating "tantra sex football" - lots of foreplay, little penetration and too little finishing.

Good to see Connolly scoring for Boro.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I am watching Gillette Soccer Special rather than the ESL tonight - yes, the Championship is still great to watch.

Some great games tonight.

And now, what a goal by Tom Ince.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Maybe I’ve missed it, but not seen this before, and did make me laugh. Not least because it’s a very apt description of Albion under GP!
tantric sex football" - lots of foreplay, little penetration and too little finishing.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Looking pretty good for Nottingham... 3-0 up and not even half time. They'll probably make the playoffs and may well go up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looking pretty good for Nottingham... 3-0 up and not even half time. They'll probably make the playoffs and may well go up.

Steve Cooper sounds like a whinging loser. Comments after a defeat by Gone too Long Nathan Jones Luton

Nottingham Forest boss Steve Cooper told BBC Radio Nottingham:

"The Djed Spence (disallowed) goal is a huge error by the linesman. The left-back (Onyadinma) has played Djed in. That's cost us.

"I don't think a (refereeing) mistake like that should happen at this level. It's had such an impact on the game. Everyone saw it.

"In saying that, we missed a load of good chances as well. We've created more than enough chances in the second half to have got at least one point.

"There's no doubt that the best team lost, but sometimes it goes that way. But we were going to lose a game at some stage, even if we didn't really deserve to lose. Now we have to show that we can handle that."

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I DO miss the fun of playing Good Friday then Easter Monday.

Really prefer QPR to win here, the thought of a trip to Huddersfield over a trip to 'Muff really doesn't bring a smile.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Seven away games in London next season...........

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Steve Cooper sounds like a whinging loser. Comments after a defeat by Gone too Long Nathan Jones Luton

Nottingham Forest boss Steve Cooper told BBC Radio Nottingham:

"The Djed Spence (disallowed) goal is a huge error by the linesman. The left-back (Onyadinma) has played Djed in. That's cost us.

"I don't think a (refereeing) mistake like that should happen at this level. It's had such an impact on the game. Everyone saw it.

"In saying that, we missed a load of good chances as well. We've created more than enough chances in the second half to have got at least one point.

"There's no doubt that the best team lost, but sometimes it goes that way. But we were going to lose a game at some stage, even if we didn't really deserve to lose. Now we have to show that we can handle that."

Its like that every time Coopers team lose... "the ref was bad", "it was raining", "the grass was too long". Very annoying from what appears to be an otherwise talented coach.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Division 3 is just as much fun these days. Even more so next year.

Derby County v Ipswich Town
Sunderland v Bolton Wanderers
Coventry City v Charlton Athletic

Those were top flight fixtures not so long ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here