Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Hove Estate Agent Recommendations please

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Looking to get our house valued and on the market soon. Anyone have any estate agents in Hove that they would either recommend or say to avoid?

Ta!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
If you actually want to sell rather than be told a completely unrealistic high price just to flatter you to sign a contract , then I would use either Mishon Mackay , Brand Vaughan , sawyers , Winkworths or goldin Kemcke .

A good way of testing whether an agent is any good is to ask them what they have sold in your area over the last couple of years - they should be able to tell you that including the prices achieved and the size of the properties . They should also be able to tell you what’s sold on your road and prices from other agents over the same time period . If they can’t - avoid as it means they are not on the ball . Estate agency is all about property knowledge if they don’t even know that , they are not prepared and you don’t want a lazy agent working for you .

Def avoid corporates like Fox & sons , king and chasemore etc who seem far more keen on selling a mortgage to buyers than selling the property !

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
They will all offer a tailored approach to every client's needs. Constant communication and guidance through this stressful period. Each customer is different, and deserves that hands-on relationship.

400 years in the industry, and a wealth of local knowledge and experience will help guide you through it step by step.

We just sold a property in Hove simply and cheaply, via Strike.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Hove is a big place, and some agents stronger than others in their geographical niches. Can you say roughly where in Hove?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
West Hove / Portslade-del-sol area I would have a look at Cales & Co. Decent bunch in my experience.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Whitlock & Heaps in Sackville Road. Albion fans through and through. Used them a couple of times selling houses for family members. All good.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
West Hove / Portslade-del-sol area I would have a look at Cales & Co. Decent bunch in my experience.

Agree with Cales. Sold a house thru them a few years ago and they were good. None of the smarmy Fox and Sons BS salesman stuff. Found them small enough to care.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Agree with Cales. Sold a house thru them a few years ago and they were good. None of the smarmy Fox and Sons BS salesman stuff. Found them small enough to care.

Steve and Matt have been there since I bought a house through them in 2005, Steve longer. I then bought and sold through them again in 2017. Just a decent team. Where they earn their value is when a chain needs a shove or chasing. Ours was stalling at one point, but persistent chasing and identifying where the issue was saved our deal in our case and got it over the line.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Nash Watson - not sure if they're still in business but they were very good when we purchased our house.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Cheers for all the suggestions. :thumbsup:

We're up near the Greyhound Stadium so Whitlock & Heaps are probably our closest from those recommended.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here