Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Are Cazoo any good for buying a used car ?

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I'm thinking of buying a Fiat Abarth 500, or 595, but am cringing at the prices for a relatively new low mileage model. Are Cazoo any good ?
I don't feel comfortable about buying a car on line.
Anyone on NSC own / owned an Abarth ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The last person I saw driving an Abarth 500 was on the A23 about two weeks ago. He didn't look old enough to shave, never mind drive and was driving like a complete back to front, in the style of Nikita Mazepin after 5 pints of Kronenbourg and some LSD.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Abarths are for hairdressers and 'kept women' who's husbands want to keep them out of their Mercs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Abarths are for hairdressers and 'kept women' who's husbands want to keep them out of their Mercs.

There speaks a man who knows feck all about cars :smile:

Abarths are fun cars that drive like a go cart, I was given one (with some pressure by me) as a loan car when my car was being serviced. Loved it

I know nothing about Cazoo but I did buy a car without a test drive from a car dealer I’d never heard of before during lockdown, it all turned out very well too

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I looked at Cazoo and Cinch a while back and was surprised how expensive they seemed. I guess they offer a ‘different’ service than main dealers and traditional second hand dealers. Also at the moment there is a shortage of new cars which is ramping up the cost of used cars. Our decision was to wait it out and look at the options again in 6 months or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There speaks a man who knows feck all about cars :smile:

Abarths are fun cars that drive like a go cart, I was given one (with some pressure by me) as a loan car when my car was being serviced. Loved it

I'm not doubting its a cracking little funster. But really, you need a peroxide frizz, cherry lipgloss, a push-up bra and more chewing gum than Alex Ferguson to jump behind the wheel of one of those.

Glad you enjoyed it x

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
I havent personally driven an Abarth but been a passenger many a time in my colleagues car (he is male btw) and they seem like a great little car.
People are getting the bog standard fiat 500 mixed up with the abarth which is the souped up version.
Yes Fiat 500's are for teenage hairdressers and lower league footballers girlfriends but Abarths are as someone else has mentioned drive like a go cart, even as a passenger it was alot of fun.

In regards to Cazoo, a friend of mine works for them and does not recommend at all. The refurbishments and spot checks they make on the used vehicles are derisory and generally you pay over the odds for something you could find cheaper elsewhere

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Get a Mini Cooper S or a Mini JCW and you won't look so stupid and get laughed at.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My garage is too narrow.

car.jpg

???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not doubting its a cracking little funster. But really, you need a peroxide frizz, cherry lipgloss, a push-up bra and more chewing gum than Alex Ferguson to jump behind the wheel of one of those.

Glad you enjoyed it x

I've got 2.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I looked at Cazoo and Cinch a while back and was surprised how expensive they seemed. I guess they offer a ‘different’ service than main dealers and traditional second hand dealers. Also at the moment there is a shortage of new cars which is ramping up the cost of used cars. Our decision was to wait it out and look at the options again in 6 months or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly where we are too. Unless I'm missing something dangerously obvious (which is entirely possible), buying a used car now at the currently inflated prices is surely going to lead to a sudden drop in its value once the conductor issue irons itself out and the new car market returns to normal?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This is exactly where we are too. Unless I'm missing something dangerously obvious (which is entirely possible), buying a used car now at the currently inflated prices is surely going to lead to a sudden drop in its value once the conductor issue irons itself out and the new car market returns to normal?

Possibly - but we're probably at least 18-24 months away from that. To further compound issues a large number of car manufacturers rely on Ukraine for manufacturing of wiring looms. Also due to rising COVID cases Chinas largest manufacturing plants are shutting again.

https://www.ft.com/content/d59c7636-d895-4138-8e07-e9fbfdbd100f

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Possibly - but we're probably at least 18-24 months away from that. To further compound issues a large number of car manufacturers rely on Ukraine for manufacturing of wiring looms. Also due to rising COVID cases Chinas largest manufacturing plants are shutting again.

https://www.ft.com/content/d59c7636-d895-4138-8e07-e9fbfdbd100f

Thanks for the further context - really interesting! Didn't realise, especially the Ukraine involvement.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I'm thinking of buying a Fiat Abarth 500, or 595, but am cringing at the prices for a relatively new low mileage model. Are Cazoo any good ?

Can't comment on Cazoo BUT welcome to the world of £100.00 oil and filter changes every ( I think ) 6000 miles and dual-mass flywheels made from cobwebs. Great fun to drive but quite dear to maintain. Don't get me started on the "stop-start" feature either. £240.00 for a freakin' battery!
As an aside, have you still got the Z3?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

I purchased a car via Cazoo two weeks ago and it was a great experience.

I part exed my C-Max and got a brilliant price. Local dealers were offering around £2,500 and Cazoo gave me £3,600.

Transferring £16k+ was a bit daunting but the service was painless. I got a confirmation email, they dropped off the new car a couple of days later and collected the old one without any quibbles. I ended up getting a really nice car at a really good price.

You get a 7-day 'no questions asked' return, so I used that period to have a mechanic check the car over and he said it was in excellent condition.

I'd have to recommend Cazoo based on my experience. I found it far more enjoyable than the traditional route.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Can't comment on Cazoo BUT welcome to the world of £100.00 oil and filter changes every ( I think ) 6000 miles and dual-mass flywheels made from cobwebs. Great fun to drive but quite dear to maintain. Don't get me started on the "stop-start" feature either. £240.00 for a freakin' battery!
As an aside, have you still got the Z3?

I still have my stunning Z3, with it's fat a$$. It's in a garage in Brighton with a permanently flat battery. I now live in Shoreham and getting the Z3 into my Shoreham garage without damaging it is virtually impossible. I have an MR2 in Shoreham, and that only just about fits in my garage.
I test drove a convertible Abarth today, but rear visibility when the roof is down is c**p. I'm now thinking of getting a Copen. Not a great car, but a convertible that will fit into my Shoreham garage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here