Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brentford fan on 606 now

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A reminder of what being a fan of a club that came from nowhere, got a smart English owner, consolidated, built a new stadium, and eventually climbed into the EPL is all about.

From some of the posts and threads on NSC during the Potter era, it seems that there is a contagion of long term memory loss hereabouts. Very disapointing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A reminder of what being a fan of a club that came from nowhere, got a smart English owner, consolidated, built a new stadium, and eventually climbed into the EPL is all about.

From some of the posts and threads on NSC during the Potter era, it seems that there is a contagion of long term memory loss hereabouts. Very disapointing.

Although Brentford were in the top division years before us!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Expecting the usual "but we cant look back to what happened decades ago!" stuff, unspoken hints about wanting to swap Tony Bloom for some rich slave-owner fascist from one country or another... most likely coupled with some comments about "I have been a fan for 50 years," (yes, suddenly the "decades ago" matter again) "I deserve to feel unhappy and call everything and everyone shite. It is all I have."

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think everyone is a fan and perhaps one of the major issues at present with the club is communicating and managing aspirations.

GP called fans “entitled” not that long ago which was a monumental insult in my view also the club has stated aspiration to be a top 10 Premier League club clearly not within reach with current resources ergo open target for calls for more investment

My own view GP doing an outstanding job and we carry on down the development of players route

Last edited:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Expecting the usual "but we cant look back to what happened decades ago!" stuff, unspoken hints about wanting to swap Tony Bloom for some rich slave-owner fascist from one country or another... most likely coupled with some comments about "I have been a fan for 50 years," (yes, suddenly the "decades ago" matter again) "I deserve to feel unhappy and call everything and everyone shite. It is all I have."

Probably the most predictable reply to be found on this thread.

While admittedly finding Albion games a bit of a bore currently (partly because I can't afford a match ticket at the moment and I miss "being there", a bad stream just isn't the same) I still realise how far we have come and how lucky we still are. I only have to look back at my first Albion programme (framed on the windowsill) to be "reminded".

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When ? Link ?

I thought it was after either the Newcastle or Leeds home game the one where some fans were booing after final whistle, however, if I am wrong then apologies and delete if required

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I thought it was after either the Newcastle or Leeds home game the one where some fans were booing after final whistle, however, if I am wrong then apologies and delete if required

Potter said something about the fans remembering the past after he heard booing at HT of the Leeds match, I think

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Let’s see if their mindset and expectations are altered if they survive 4 seasons in the league. Initially it’s all very exciting and you can’t believe it’s real, but the constant scanning of the bottom 1/4 of the table can become exhausting for many and the glitz and glamour of the Premier League feels like a chore.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

expecting a pompus, self-entitled post by a non-fan, critising longstanding supporters of having an opinion about their club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Potter said something about the fans remembering the past after he heard booing at HT of the Leeds match, I think

He was right imo, we thrashed Leeds 0-0, it was disappointing but the boos were more entitled shit that so many deny

Booing a 0-0? Really?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Let’s see if their mindset and expectations are altered if they survive 4 seasons in the league. Initially it’s all very exciting and you can’t believe it’s real, but the constant scanning of the bottom 1/4 of the table can become exhausting for many and the glitz and glamour of the Premier League feels like a chore.

Totally agree, strangely this season I haven’t actually scanned the relegation zone very often as opposed to all the last 4 seasons but for some still not good enough

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes, it was typical of Graham, as it was delivered with purpose, but no intent to hurt, the boo boys/girls, but just to say get off our fecking backs, as we have delivered some of the best football an Albion fan has ever witnessed.
As usual Graham was spot on, and it was nice to see this reaction from him.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Very much this, Jesus the PL is dull as shit for teams like us. A well ran club with tens of millions at its disposable where mid table flirtation is about as good as it gets.

When you look across the last twenty years the club has been on a rollercoaster of ups and downs through the divisions it’s in all of our DNA as supporters. We all struggle with the realisation this is as good as it gets for clubs like us and the idea we should all be celebrating mid table finishes year on year.

As many have commented the journey was much more fun than the destination

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Have to say, I'm getting rather tired of some of the sanctimonious posts on NSC telling me what I can and can't think. Other than some of the usual suspects (and perhaps in the very heat of the moment), we are discussing our team in a civil, non abusive manner and all opinions are valid. We are allowed to criticise and still remember where we've come from.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Usual ignorance about Brighton fans.

No one wants Tony gone implicitly or explicitly and, culturally, it's pretty much the last club on earth, with the exception of St Pauli, that would take blood money. You're once again reading things that aren't there in your second language, however well you speak or write it.

What many would like is a delivery on the promised progression with the current team in place charged with delivering it, or an admission that we've hit what Poyet called the ceiling.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, what did he say?

It was a woman.

Something about seeing people in tears of emotion when they squeeze out a goal or a point, and a general sense of how surprising and lovely it all is.

A bit like I feel every time I see my son. He's 36.

In the long run, we are all dead. Best to enjoy the positives while we can. :shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Usual ignorance about Brighton fans.

No one wants Tony gone implicitly or explicitly and, culturally, it's pretty much the last club on earth, with the exception of St Pauli, that would take blood money. You're once again reading things that aren't there in your second language, however well you speak or write it.

What many would like is a delivery on the promised progression with the current team in place charged with delivering it, or an admission that we've hit what Poyet called the ceiling.

Except those who have said repeatedly that they want exactly that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here