Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Government offing £350 a month to host Ukrainian refugees.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Whilst I sympathise for the Ukrainians £350 a month to let them live rent free is a bit of an insult. I live alone which means my council tax would increase. Plus god knows how much my gas/electric/and water usage would also increase. Would any NSC people host for this amount. Discuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not sure you’ve read the room correctly.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Not sure you’ve read the room correctly.

I must be going mad then as have read it again and to me it appears it’s £350 a month to have them in your house. Can you advise me what I may of missed please.

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
I must be going mad then as have read it again and to me it appears it’s £350 a month to have them in your house. Can you advise me what I may of missed please.

I think you may have missed the point of basic humanity.

Judging by the way you’re cryarsing about it - £350 May well double your monthly income and you’d get some company what’s not to like.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Whilst I sympathise for the Ukrainians £350 a month to let them live rent free is a bit of an insult. I live alone which means my council tax would increase. Plus god knows how much my gas/electric/and water usage would also increase. Would any NSC people host for this amount. Discuss.

Will be looking into this scheme on Monday, not committing yet, but money (while currently tight for me) is not the issue here.

I’m not looking at this as a potential profit opportunity, more from the viewpoint that someone has been scared/in danger enough to flee their home, has potentially lost everything they ever had, and needs shelter and security. To house/feed them for a summer while this plays out or they find their feet here seems the decent thing to do.

Were (heaven forbid) the roles to ever be reversed, I could potentially be reliant on the kindness of strangers for me and mine to survive. I’m not going to haggle about money at this point.

I can’t definitely say this is happening here yet, and not discussing the reasons behind that online, but yes it’s under consideration, and while the money may not seem generous, it’s not the motivating factor in this house.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Just don’t do it then. Bloody hell. It’s not about you.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I think you may have missed the point of basic humanity.

Judging by the way you’re cryarsing about it - £350 May well double your monthly income and you’d get some company what’s not to like.

Cryarsing there’s no need for that. My basic point was I could potentially be out of pocket especially as I am retired and things are getting harder financially in this current climate. But thank you for your input.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think a more welcoming and much more simple refugee process is of higher importance.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Its not for everyone but,there are hundreds of thousands of households with a spare room or two that could be used to house displaced Ukrainians.

When you consider that many of these people have lost everything they own it comes down to your conscience what you are willing to do.

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Cryarsing there’s no need for that. My basic point was I could potentially be out of pocket especially as I am retired and things are getting harder financially in this current climate. But thank you for your input.

Sooner be paying tax towards the upkeep of these refugees than a mean-spirited old gammon like you.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
My Wife, Mrs. Wunt be Druv, and I have put ourselves forward to help in some way as we do have space up here in Wunt be Druv heights and hope we can offer aid in alleviating the suffering of the poor souls who have lost everything.The money doesn't even come into it, we would do it for nothing.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Sooner be paying tax towards the upkeep of these refugees than a mean-spirited old gammon like you.

Old gammon that’s funny. Judging by all the do gooder on here it looks like they will all be living with the majority of NSC. I think people have missed my point. But hey ho that’s nsc users for you.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

Don’t do it then knob-head

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

1) don’t do it
2) many people host foreign students, I reckon for less money than on offer here. But someone can confirm ?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Old gammon that’s funny. Judging by all the do gooder on here it looks like they will all be living with the majority of NSC. I think people have missed my point. But hey ho that’s nsc users for you.

No one had missed the point. They just value the ability to help out over the financial recompense they receive (which probably is a bit light to break even in your circs). Fair enough if you can’t afford it.

I’d be volunteering if I hadn’t just had children. Don’t have the space unfortunately. If it had been 3 years ago I would have done.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here