Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] I'm done with players feigning injuries

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It's getting ridiculous. These preening, overpaid, jumped up cheats feigning injuries all over the place. A special place in hell reserved for those holding their heads when they have been brushed by another player and are clearly fine or those who are punching the ground in apparent agony and then get up cured when the game doesn't get stopped.
Surely it's time for one physio to be allowed on whilst the game is going on and treat the player and become "part of the pitch". 80% of injuries would miraculously clear up when the player knows they aren't wasting time. If its obviously very serious then of course the game can be stopped at the refs discretion. I can't see a downside.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Head injuries and punching the ground repeatedly in 'pain'. Should mean a 10 minute 'recovery period' with an injury sub.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It's getting ridiculous. These preening, overpaid, jumped up cheats feigning injuries all over the place. A special place in hell reserved for those holding their heads when they have been brushed by another player and are clearly fine or those who are punching the ground in apparent agony and then get up cured when the game doesn't get stopped.
Surely it's time for one physio to be allowed on whilst the game is going on and treat the player and become "part of the pitch". 80% of injuries would miraculously clear up when the player knows they aren't wasting time. If its obviously very serious then of course the game can be stopped at the refs discretion. I can't see a downside.

Lamptey going down holding his head because of a light brush from a finger - but only after he had run another 10 yards, crossed the ball - and seen Liverpool win it and start a break. Didn't look great.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Lamptey going down holding his head because of a light brush from a finger - but only after he had run another 10 yards, crossed the ball - and seen Liverpool win it and start a break. Didn't look great.

Yep, embarrassing. We are as bad as any team. Cucurella recently has been a particular offender.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Must be part of daily training at Liverpool

“If you get tackled, let out an ear piercing scream, and writhe around on the ground, now let’s try it again with feeling”

Lamptey got a finger in the eye btw so justified in going down if it affected his vision. I have seen the replay

Only one team was cheating with feigned injuries today

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

But would appear to be genuine. Lamptey going down only benefitted Liverpool. We had the ball and Lamptey would have got it back if he didn’t go down. Also as he went down a while after the incident he can’t possibly have hoped to win a free kick.

I remember Graham Taylor (I think) saying on a commentary once that getting kicked, knocked etc can hurt quite a lot for a short period. I guess a bit like stubbing your toe.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Or the thing that irritates me is players who have obviously touched the ball last, trying to con the ref that it's their ball. Henderson did that today when it clearly came off him and 3/4 of the stadium saw it when it was a corner to us.
Why? Twunt.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
They're all as bad as each other and the laws have to change.

But it matters a lot more when we're not winning.

Liverpool, Brentford and Man Utd fans all very happy with "modern football" today...

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

“If you get tackled, let out an ear piercing scream, and writhe around on the ground, now let’s try it again with feeling”

Lamptey got a finger in the eye btw so justified in going down if it affected his vision. I have seen the replay

Oh come on - Lampety was up 10 seconds later. I'm not having it. We are as bad as any team.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

I remember CMS getting stick for going down easily in front of the away fans once. He got a finger in the eye and had a hell of a shiner after the game.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Inevitable threads/posts after yet another EPL loss.

Dean pinged all the ‘in ya face’ niggly fouls and foot up (boots by faces) today, as Potter tried in vain to turn us into disrupters, trying something new to end the losing run.

Regarding exaggeration, the genie in this country was let out of the bottle 30 years ago when Klinsmann and other imports brought play acting. He got away with it, in fact he was lauded by the London-biased media for his “professionalism” and the rest is history. No going back, the global game is rife with it in every match.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Head injuries and punching the ground repeatedly in 'pain'. Should mean a 10 minute 'recovery period' with an injury sub.

Hmm…I wouldn’t give them an injury sub for punching the ground in supposed pain…but they can go off the field for ten minutes….there was a time when this action meant it was serious these days it’s because they’ve probably chipped a finger nail

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Or the thing that irritates me is players who have obviously touched the ball last, trying to con the ref that it's their ball. Henderson did that today when it clearly came off him and 3/4 of the stadium saw it when it was a corner to us.
Why? Twunt.

Agree. Drives me mad. Players try to cheat with every fibre of their being.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London

To be fair, I think he got a finger in the eye. Although there's plenty of our fellas Cucu' I'm looking at you who do it. And yeah it's an embarrasment.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Literally the easiest solution to this issue is to copy Rugby. Physios allowed on to treat players during the game. Game continues as normal.

The number of players rolling around in fake agony would reduce by 90% overnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
At around 3.25 tomorrow one of the Southampton players will go down in "agony", the physio will come on to treat him and all the other players will rush to the sideline to get a drink.
They do it every game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here