Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else concerned

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I'd be concerned if there was any realistic danger of relegation, but as there isn't, I am just disappointed in our bad run of form, when it looked likely we could achieve (at least) a top ten finish.
Sadly, that now seems highly unlikely.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I am, thats 7 defeats in a row and its does not look good

5 for now. We beat Watford 6 games ago.

Now if it gets to 7 with home losses to Spurs and Norwich, that's a different thing entirely.

We still won't go down, but we'll be showing form not dissimilar to what we saw at the end of CH's reign.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
We have the same number of points we had under Hughton in his last season. We know how badly that almost went.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
One team always free falls.

Everton are thanking god for teams like us. Because we will rescue them. We’re the go to club to get your season going. The AA of the footballing world.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Yes.

Bloom will be too.

Whilst I'm pretty sure we'll stay up this season, this slump will concern Bloom a great deal and I think he'll realise that Potter may have reached his ceiling and replace him in the summer.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Yes.

Bloom will be too.

Whilst I'm pretty sure we'll stay up this season, this slump will concern Bloom a great deal and I think he'll realise that Potter may have reached his ceiling and replace him in the summer.

In my opinion, replacing some of the players would be a better outcome.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
We'll beat Spurs and lose to Norwich

I'd be happy at the moment with a confidence-restoring 3 points from those games, regardless of how they arrive.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
It's not only the defeats I'm concerned with - as confidence saps with each loss - its the manner of the defeats that is more of a concern.

It's difficult to see any chink of light when we lose game after game and hardly look like creating chances let alone scoring.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's beginning to feel very like Hughton's final season. No goals and can't buy wins.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
It's not only the defeats I'm concerned with - as confidence saps with each loss - its the manner of the defeats that is more of a concern.

It's difficult to see any chink of light when we lose game after game and hardly look like creating chances let alone scoring.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

We played pretty well against Newcastle, only last week - and scored. Our undoing was a mad few minutes, but the performance was actually okay.
As for today, it was probable that we'd lose and their first goal was well taken, but we'd had pretty much the better of the game until then.
It did take the wind out of a sails a bit, but hey ho....we didn't roll over for them at any point.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's beginning to feel very like Hughton's final season. No goals and can't buy wins.

Post match Tim Durrans of Radio Sussex surmising that this “is quite possibly down to fatigue, been a long season”.

WTF, talk about scraping the excuse barrel.

This started at the beginning of February, we’ve not had exhaustive cup runs, with long breaks for non-internationals. Why aren’t Stains, Burnley, Newcastle, Wolves and Palarse players all imploding?

Last edited:

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
I thought we played well in places - the performances last two games have, in parts, been encouraging. (Puts on tin hat)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here