Date: Saturday 12th March 2022
Kick-off: 12:30 GMT
Referee: The Complete And Utter Shyster
Assistants: Edward Smart, Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Simon Hooper
VAR: Stuart Attwell
Additional VAR: Sian Massey-Ellis

TEAM NEWS

Brighton welcome back midfielder Enock Mwepu after two months out with a hamstring issue.

Winger Jeremy Sarmiento has recovered from a thigh injury, leaving defender Adam Webster as the only notable absentee.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has revealed some unnamed players and staff "cannot be involved" due to Covid.

Defenders Ibrahima Konate and Virgil van Dijk and midfielder Thiago have all been absent from training.

Forward Roberto Firmino is back in contention after missing the last six games with a groin injury.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton & Hove Albion are unbeaten in three Premier League meetings (W1, D2).
    [*=left]However, Liverpool have not lost in eight top-flight trips to Brighton (W4, D4), a record for the most away games without losing against a particular opponent.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have just one win from their past nine games in all competitions and have suffered four consecutive Premier League defeats.
    [*=left]They could lose five top-flight fixtures in a row for the first time since May 1982.
    [*=left]Graham Potter's side have scored once and conceded nine in their last four matches.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have won once in 10 Premier League home fixtures (D5, L4).
    [*=left]If Neal Maupay scores he'll overtake Glenn Murray as Brighton's record Premier League scorer with 27 goals.
Liverpool

• [*=left][*=left]Liverpool have won seven Premier League games in a row, scoring 19 goals and conceding twice.
    [*=left]The Reds are two goals shy of becoming the second club to score 2,000 in the Premier League, emulating Manchester United.
    [*=left]Jurgen Klopp's side are attempting to keep a third successive league clean sheet for the first time this season.
    [*=left]Mohamed Salah has been involved in 10 goals in nine Premier League appearances against Brighton, averaging a goal or an assist every 75 minutes.
    [*=left]Salah needs one goal to reach 20 in the Premier League for the fourth time in his career.

Graham Potter's Liverpool Press Conference

[tweet]1502607839688372224[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1502607839688372224

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Of course, 12:30 KO
Another one I’ll be sleeping through. Much like our defence.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on lads, it's only Liverpool.

Re Mill Road.
It reopens 2 hours after kickoff, yes?

If that's right does that mean the last bus out of Dodge will be about 4pm?

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Well we really should be banking the 3 points now on this one after all it's only Liverpool and we should be racking up the goals scored too!! Oh hang on a minute that was my dream last night..more than likely another afternoon at the Amex spent with my head in my hands tutting and sighing over another defeat,wondering why I got involved in football in the first place...but you never know,stranger things can and do happen,I would jump at a rare 1-1 draw right now.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Dean, Hooper, Attwell and Massey-Ellis all lined up against us:moo:

I don't even know why I'm bothering to go. The actual team lineups are irrelevant. Liverpool could play eleven fans straight off the train and those four would make sure we lose.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
1 - 0

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Come on, let’s not be doom and gloom merchants over this....of course only a nut would bank on us winning this but that is not to say we won’t do better than of late and maybe sneak a point....
Overall the performance last week was better than of late , apart from a silly five minutes, so let’s look forward to a good game.
After all, it is Saturday, right now the sun is shining and we have a game to follow..... can’t be bad !

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Come on, let’s not be doom and gloom merchants over this....of course only a nut would bank on us winning this but that is not to say we won’t do better than of late and maybe sneak a point....
Overall the performance last week was better than of late , apart from a silly five minutes, so let’s look forward to a good game.
After all, it is Saturday, right now the sun is shining and we have a game to follow..... can’t be bad !

Looking forward to it. Hopefully we’ll get some mojo back and it’s a decent contest.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if them dick heads who get in the king and queen will go to the Amex with their autograph books and wait for the Liverpool coach to arrive before making their way back to the pub to watch it?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Hope the guest pie includes Mojo.

Right, down the cafe for a pre match brief then onwards to the Amex

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here