Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fabulous photos coming out, here’s just one

996CF710-D56D-4B9F-AA93-A6BF028554A7.jpeg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-60662541

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Just heard this on the telly.
Apparently it is in very good condition.I’m looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Marvellous scenes! Ive been following Dan Snows journey down there through some horrific conditions - and this is the perfect end to an amazing story.

The ship looks like it only went down yesterday...incredibly well preserved :clap:

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Wow ! I thought the chances of finding 'The Endurance', were comparable to us finding a striker who knows where the goal is, without the use of a sat nav.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Fantastic that they have found it. BBC showing a lot of video from the time it went down. They are not going to raise it (obviously) but also say they will not disturb it nor bring up any items from the wreck.
So what was the reason to look for it?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Fantastic that they have found it. BBC showing a lot of video from the time it went down. They are not going to raise it (obviously) but also say they will not disturb it nor bring up any items from the wreck.

Are you not inspired by the videos of the wreck and story of the search?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

Are there any legal reasons why they are not allowed to bring it up I wonder? The Mary Rose was
brought up. Maybe a certain amount of time has to pass before it can be raised (out of family respect).
Not sure.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I love this quote from one of the team that found the wreck...

"You can even see the ship's name - E N D U R A N C E - arced across its stern directly below the taffrail (a hand rail near the stern). And beneath, as bold as brass, is Polaris, the five-pointed star, after which the ship was originally named," said Mensun Bound.

"I tell you, you would have to be made of stone not to feel a bit squishy at the sight of that star and the name above," he added.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Are there any legal reasons why they are not allowed to bring it up I wonder? The Mary Rose was
brought up. Maybe a certain amount of time has to pass before it can be raised (out of family respect).
Not sure.

The Mary Rose sank in British Territory as opposed to Endurance being elsewhere which probably makes any form of resurrecting it politically difficult given the proximity of the Falkland Islands etc as to who might own it and also hugely expensive.

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
Shackleton’s diary of the expedition is one of the most exciting books I’ve read.
Well worth it.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm reading Lansings 'Endurance' at the moment. Incredible story. I can't imagine what those men went through. Seeing the name 'E N D U R A N C E' and the Polaris on her stern gave me shivers. What a remarkable discovery.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Astonishing pics and HD video available. Apparently the water is too cold for any wood-eating organisms, and also absolutely crystal clear so a perfect combination. The account of the expedition ('South' by Shackleton himself) is a fascinating read if anyone is interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here