Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Tyre Extinguishers

Is the action of Tyre Extinguishers justified?

• Yes there's a climate crisis

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • Not sure, fence

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • No it's unreasonable

Votes: 75 75.8%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What next? Brake petals? Fires slashed?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Perhaps they're protesting against inflation?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
comon vandalism.

and see the bottom of the note, no electric either? nothing going to good enough.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
What does NSC think? Deflating the tyres of SUVs.

They've not just let themselves down.

They've let everybody else down as well.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
They are just full of hot air. I'm sure their campaign will go flat as it will be hard to keep the pressure up.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Time to close this tread.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just seen this on the local news, thick t***s also let down the tyres on electric vehicle in Brighton :facepalm:

That'll be the electric vehicles who's manufacture is currently doing considerably more harm to the environment, than an SUV parked up on Belgravia Square.

But yes there does seem to be a degree of 'pointed missed'.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have an SUV and I wouldn’t take it anywhere near central London, so please don’t let my tyres down :smile:

Hypocrite that I am I do kind of get it though.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Interesting. My wife (a carer) came home from her shift last night and said one of her clients had this happen to his SUV and was wondering if it was a 'thing'. Apparently it is. (I won't say the exact road but it was in the Preston Park area). I do sympathise with the deflaters, cars have got ridiculously big in recent years, but I can't say too much as I have a small VW campervan which may attract similar attention!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Interesting. My wife (a carer) came home from her shift last night and said one of her clients had this happen to his SUV and was wondering if it was a 'thing'. Apparently it is. (I won't say the exact road but it was in the Preston Park area). I do sympathise with the deflaters, cars have got ridiculously big in recent years, but I can't say too much as I have a small VW campervan which may attract similar attention!

The report on the local BBC news last night mentioned tyres getting let down in Brighton, a resident was interviewed in his street and I thought it looked like a road off Preston Drove.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've a 4x4 I drive in to Brighton most days from out of town. It is comfortable to sit in whilst queing in the traffic. I'm also high up to see the scooters wizzing past the red lights. I've worked damn hard to be able to afford it.
I have a van I could drive instead. Indeed, the van allows me to park anywhere. Both do 40 MPG which in these days is pretty good. My Daughter has an 18 year old Skoda which probably causes more problems than my modern car.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That'll be the electric vehicles who's manufacture is currently doing considerably more harm to the environment, than an SUV parked up on Belgravia Square.

I am sure this website is biased, and of course don't believe everything you read on the internet, but this article suggests that is not the case

https://www.transportenvironment.org/discover/batteries-vs-oil-comparison-raw-material-needs/

"EV. Under the EU’s current recycling recovery rate target, [regarding electric cars] around 30 kilograms of metals would be lost (i.e. not recovered). That’s about the size of a football.

In contrast, the study shows that the weight of petrol or diesel that is burned during the average lifetime of a vehicle is around 300-400 times more than the total quantity of battery cells metals ‘lost’. Over its lifetime, an average ICE car burns close to 17,000 litres of petrol, which would be equivalent to a stack of oil barrels 90m high."

the article on the Greenpeace website also suggests that electric vehicles, while not perfect, are better than petrol/diesel vehicles.

https://www.greenpeace.org.uk/news/electric-cars-greener-petrol-cars/

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Bearing in mind that a lot of people will have to call out tow trucks/tyre companies all they're doing is adding to the problem. Also most SUV's are very economical with small diesel engines and stop/start technology.

People that do this kind of thing don't tend to be the brightest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here