Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Little man syndrome?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
When starting a thread please provide a bit more info than just a link to a Daily Mail article. Thanks

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Shame Priti Patel is also not banned from Parliament for life.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
When starting a thread please provide a bit more info than just a link to a Daily Mail article. Thanks

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60660385

John Bercow was a "serial bully" while House of Commons Speaker and should not be given a parliamentary pass, a report has said.

The Independent Expert Panel said "his behaviour fell very far below that which the public has a right to expect" from an MP.

It also said he had displayed "undermining behaviour" towards staff.

A report into his behaviour by the Independent Expert Panel upheld the findings of the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards.

The panel said it agreed with the commissioner's findings that Mr Bercow had been "a serial bully".

It added that Mr Bercow's conduct "was so serious that, had he still been a Member of Parliament, we would have determined that he should be expelled by resolution of the House".

Complaints about his conduct while in the position were made by Angus Sinclair, a former member of House of Commons staff, Lord Lisvane, a former senior clerk and Kate Emms, a current member of Commons staff.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Can we just ban far-right hate rags from NSC altogether? Amusing that the OP has Churchill in his profile pic but reads a paper that actually supported Hitler.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why is Pritti Patel still allowed in the House?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56281781

The government has settled with former civil servant Sir Philip Rutnam over his claim for unfair dismissal.

Sources close to Sir Philip confirmed to BBC Radio 4's PM programme that he received £340,000 plus his legal costs.

The ex-Home Office boss quit amid bullying claims against Home Secretary Priti Patel, which she denies.

Sir Philip said he had been the victim of a "vicious and orchestrated" briefing campaign after trying to get Ms Patel to change her behaviour.

The claims had been due to be heard at an employment tribunal this September.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Can we just ban far-right hate rags from NSC altogether? Amusing that the OP has Churchill in his profile pic but reads a paper that actually supported Hitler.

"The Daily Mail had an average monthly reach of over 36.2 million individuals from April 2019 to March 2020. The daily newspapers' reach was higher among women than men, with nearly 20 million women reached by the newspaper on an average month during the time period."

If reading The Daily Mail means you have nazi sympathies, things would look quite gloomy...

(no idea what the article is about but I'm sure it is super super interesting...)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Most would agree he was Labour in Conservative clothing.

Does it really matter which party he is/was part of IF this is all true..... and I say if because he is vehemently denying it.

I am sure there are plenty of others who could go the same way, for example the already mentioned priti patel.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
So this is descending into yet another partisan party political mud-slinging row on which neither side will ever agree, rather than just about an pretty unpleasant high profile man who on the face of the evidence so far appears to have been a workplace bully?

Another thread to avoid I guess

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Of all the nasty people in that rancid nest of vipers, I would have put him pretty far down the list of people needing to be dealt with, it seems I was wrong. Still, it’s a start. Labour, Tory or otherwise. They all need a good kick up the hole. You serve us. Don’t forget that, you fat little piggies.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
"The Daily Mail had an average monthly reach of over 36.2 million individuals from April 2019 to March 2020. The daily newspapers' reach was higher among women than men, with nearly 20 million women reached by the newspaper on an average month during the time period."

If reading The Daily Mail means you have nazi sympathies, things would look quite gloomy...

(no idea what the article is about but I'm sure it is super super interesting...)

It does have a wide reach, and has also changed a bit recently. Many of those that read it wouldn't necessarily share all it's editorial lines and its not as right wing from an economic standpoint as might be imagined.

But for those with an ounce of human empathy it's very hard to forgive it's hardline and deeply unpleasant, stance on asylum seekers and refugees over the years.
A line that I strongly suspect will not be applied to refugees from Ukraine. For reasons that are not hard to guess at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here