Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Heardle

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
4819BD83-E42C-4BDB-8B8C-6AD9444C542E.jpeg:lolol: easy one to start

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Only if you have heard the song, with the artist not being in my collection or to my taste, zero chance of getting.
If all the intros are of that era I have no chance ever getting one right.
Guess that applies to any kind of quiz. This song is from 2013 and used in quite a few (mainly sky bet I think) adverts.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
My wife knew the song (of course) but it's one of those that doesn't say the title in the chorus/lyrics so unless you know the song it's hard to get

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I gave this another go today, but again a song I've never knowingly heard before. :rolleyes:

I did however get it on the 6th try, because by that time it was playing enough for my phone to tell me what it is (Google Pixel "What's playing" feature)...

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Anything more recent than about 2005 and I've got NO CHANCE.

This game would probably work better (for all but the most dedicated music aficionados) if it were possible to choose a genre and/or decade/date range of some sort.

I like the premise, but it's too hit and miss for me, Clive.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I like the idea but not being 12 I've never heard of the song.

Is there a version for grown ups?

It would be great if the intro tomorrow was A Hard Day's Night, as most would get the song in 2 seconds, whereas the youngsters would be lost.
Won't happen of course as it seems the app is geared to youngsters.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
My daughter is playing this and sent me a link, because she wanted help with Kanye's 'Black Skinhead'. At present, it seems extremely limited to vanilla pop, mainly from the US. I Tried typing in the names of some huge artists that are either older, or bigger in the UK than the States to see whether they are options that you could guess. No U2, no Beatles, no Fleetwood Mac, no Stormzy, No Madonna, no Dave, no Take That.

I'm not sure whether this is due to a rights issue, or because its been created by people with a very narrow idea of pop music, but it greatly limits the appeal of an interesting idea. They probably need to expand into providing options for different genres/eras. Ideally they need [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] to help develop it. I'd love to see Twitter aflame with complaints that American kids had listened to some Belgian dark wave tune for the full twelve and half minutes and still didn't know how to describe it, let alone identify it.

Last edited:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I like the idea but not being 12 I've never heard of the song.

Is there a version for grown ups?

I understand not being a fan of Ariana Grande but to act like only 12 year olds know who she is just makes you look proper out of touch lol, she's a megastar. I'm not a fan, but I've heard of her and I've definitely heard that song.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I understand not being a fan of Ariana Grande but to act like only 12 year olds know who she is just makes you look proper out of touch lol, she's a megastar. I'm not a fan, but I've heard of her and I've definitely heard that song.

I've definitely heard of her. And I've no doubt heard a song of hers but I couldn't name a single one :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here