Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] This odd new fashion thing

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Why on earth are young people wearing long white socks over their trousers ? Very odd..

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
IMO people who were alive and old enough to make conscious decisions in the 1980s are in no position to question how the yoofs of today dress

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
It’s the Sliders ( plastic open toe sandals) with white socks and shorts that gets me at the moment.

But then again I did wear tartan trousers with zips and bum flap so who am I to criticise ��

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
At least they're wearing socks rather than a combo of jeans,slip ons and bare ankles

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This odd new fashion thing hasn’t reached the Newhaven, Peacehaven and Seaford area. :shrug:

Not Manchester either, and the kidz here are fairly up to speed with the latest trends.

I’m still coming to terms with the fact that trousers should be short enough that any sock shows at all. In my twenties, this would be met with the suggestion to put some jam on your ankles and invite your trousers down to tea.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
At least they're wearing socks rather than a combo of jeans,slip ons and bare ankles

This with bells on! Just seen a set of wedding photos and all the blokes ( inc the groom) were sporting nice suits but slightly divorced from their bare ankles and topped off by slip on loafers.

They were all in their mid 20's to be fair and I'm mid 50's so what do I know. And back in the 80s I was sporting slip ons white towelling socks, purple tank and trousers that 5 pleats! :facepalm:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I'm sure there's a passage in the Doomsday Book that mentions white socks in areas above.
So possibly making a come back soon......:D

“The vyllage and hamlet of Shoreham, which being upon the sea and wherein resideth four and twentyscore peoples, which haveth about their lower britches the socks of whyte.”

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
“The vyllage and hamlet of Shoreham, which being upon the sea and wherein resideth four and twentyscore peoples, which haveth about their lower britches the socks of whyte.”

That's the one, apparently written by a local monk, by the name of Brother Lamie of Robertson :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here