Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle away: your view

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Let's try something new.

Copy and paste the below, and complete your responses...

Albion man of the match:
Albion stinker of the match:
Was it the right result on the balance of play:
Opposition player you'd most like to see in the stripes:
Potter's score out of 10:
What would you have done differently to GP:
Where's that left your Albion mojo 1(low) - 10(high):

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Albion man of the match: Alzate
Albion stinker of the match: Sanchez
Was it the right result on the balance of play: NO
Opposition player you'd most like to see in the stripes: - Saint Maximin or Longstaff
Potter's score out of 10: - 7 (player errors led to goals, we bossed the game)
What would you have done differently to GP: started MacAllister instead of Pascal
Where's that left your Albion mojo 1(low) - 10(high) - 4

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Albion stinker of the match: Cucu first half, not sure after that prob Trossard
From up in the Gods at St James

Was it the right result on the balance of play: barely…..they clinically took their chances, we didn’t
Opposition player you'd most like to see in the stripes: BDB :tantrum::tantrum:
Potter's score out of 10: 4 first half, 7 second.
What would you have done differently to GP: started Lallana (we miss him) and Maupay to support Welbz - Trossard is so out of form
Where's that left your Albion mojo 1(low) - 10(high): 7ish, disappointingly flat end to the season ahead. What might have been.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Albion stinker of the match: Trossard
Was it the right result on the balance of play: No - a draw would have been fair, although the Newcastle fans on the train are all saying how dominant we was and Brighton deserved to win
Opposition player you'd most like to see in the stripes: Burn
Potter's score out of 10: 7
What would you have done differently to GP: Start Bissouma instead of Trossard
Where's that left your Albion mojo 1(low) - 10(high): 2 - season is over, mid table finish. All seems like we’re stuttering to the end of the season

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I didn't watch game as visiting family.
As I saw the match report, on paper we had much of the possession, still cannot win, GP needs to go back to basics, whatever that is, get a win and confidence and then go back to normality.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Albion man of a match: Undav
Albion stinker of the match: Duffy
Was it the right result on the balance of play: No
Opposition player you'd most like to see in the stripes: Burn
Potter's score out of 10: 7
What would you have done differently to GP: Played Maupay from the start bringing on Welbeck later. Played Mac instead on f Groß
Where's that left your Albion mojo 1(low) - 10(high): USG 10 - BHA 4

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Albion man of the match: Thought plenty were good but would go with Alzate or Trossard
Albion stinker of the match: No one had a piss poor game
Opposition player you'd most like to see in the stripes: What is this torture..? Dan Burn..
Potter's score out of 10: Win or lose, I never put ratings on managers as I have no access to team talk, game plan etc.
What would you have done differently to GP: Not much.. maybe kept Maupay on the bench, he is not a substitute
Where's that left your Albion mojo 1(low) - 10(high): Quite low. Not because of the loss today but because of like a million other things.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I didn't watch game as visiting family.
As I saw the match report, on paper we had much of the possession, still cannot win, GP needs to go back to basics, whatever that is, get a win and confidence and then go back to normality.

Nine times out of ten we seem to boss the posession statistics. The problem is those stats don't lead to goals, and it's goals that win games. Simples.

We never seems to learn.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Albion man of the match: Steven Alzate
Albion stinker of the match: Danny Welbeck
Was it the right result on the balance of play: No, Brighton deserved to win.
Opposition player you'd most like to see in the stripes: Saint Maxim, not sure any of the others would improve us
Potter's score out of 10: 7 - didn’t agree with subs.
What would you have done differently to GP: Trossard would have come off instead of Moder, Trossard poor delivery today
Where's that left your Albion mojo 1(low) - 10(high): 5 - it was lower prior to todays game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Albion stinker of the match: Cucu first half, not sure after that prob Trossard
From up in the Gods at St James

Was it the right result on the balance of play: barely…..they clinically took their chances, we didn’t
Opposition player you'd most like to see in the stripes: BDB :tantrum::tantrum:
Potter's score out of 10: 4 first half, 7 second.
What would you have done differently to GP: started Lallana (we miss him) and Maupay to support Welbz - Trossard is so out of form
Where's that left your Albion mojo 1(low) - 10(high): 7ish, disappointingly flat end to the season ahead. What might have been.

I’ll always listen to those who were at an away game, so thanks for the input.

One thing i would query is the last bit, which may well work out that way, but we dont know that yet do we?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I’ll always listen to those who were at an away game, so thanks for the input.

One thing i would query is the last bit, which may well work out that way, but we dont know that yet do we?

No we don't know it, but l think it's a pretty fair assumption, four straight defeats, dropped three places today, and seemingly on a bit of a downward spiral.

Thank goodness we have enough points on the board already is what l say.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Albion man of the match: Thought plenty were good but would go with Alzate or Trossard
Opposition player you'd most like to see in the stripes: What is this torture..? Dan Burn..
Potter's score out of 10: Win or lose, I never put ratings on managers as I have no access to team talk, game plan etc.
What would you have done differently to GP: Not much.. maybe kept Maupay on the bench, he is not a substitute
Where's that left your Albion mojo 1(low) - 10(high): Quite low. Not because of the loss today but because of like a million other things.

Trossard was once again awful today, he looked lost playing in a deeper central role. He’s been poor for a while now. Be very very surprised if he starts against Liverpool.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Alzate had an excellent game today.
No one had a real stinker.
A draw would have been a fair result. We were dominant in the 2nd half.
Def not Linton. Nasty edge to his game.
6/10
Not played Gross and Lamptey looked lost in the 1st half.
5 - can’t see where the next win will come from. Need Webster fit.

Newcastle fans before the game in the pub were true to the stereotype. Really friendly bunch.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Newcastle got the bounce of the ball and the luck today :shrug:

Shit happens

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No we don't know it, but l think it's a pretty fair assumption, four straight defeats, dropped three places today, and seemingly on a bit of a downward spiral.

That’s a fair assessment….but I’ll live in hope…I’ve got more of that from todays performance (from what I’ve heard) than I had after the Burnley game

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

Trossard as MOTM? What? :lolol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Be more positive; there are still 33 points to play for. This time last year we were also on a crappy run - 5 without a win and consecutive defeats to Palace, West Brom and Leicester - but we then managed 15 points from our last 11 games. Repeat that and we’ll almost certainly finish in our highest ever position.

Stumpy Tim

Albion man of the match: Alzate (why was he taken off??)
Albion stinker of the match: Dunk (at fault for the key first goal, gifted them what should have been a 3rd, bullied by Wood)
Was it the right result on the balance of play: No.
Opposition player you'd most like to see in the stripes: genuinely none of them
Potter's score out of 10: 3. Wrong subs, Lamptey as a striker FFS
What would you have done differently to GP: Played the players in their correct positions, started Bissouma and Lallana
Where's that left your Albion mojo 1(low) - 10(high): 5

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here