Votes: 66 21.0%
  • No way

Votes: 248 79.0%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What is the general feeling on NSC

Should NATO get involved with troops on the ground and planes in the air in Ukraine?

What think you? No fence option, that’s where we are at the moment…

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I can only see Ukraine being split like Germany was after WW2 being the only solution?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
no.

asymmetric risk, call it wrong its very very bad.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Should NATO send in troops and planes to Ukraine

Double post

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Sadly I agree. We shouldn't be allowing civilians to be slaughtered.

I get the risks but we can't let a modern day Hitler have his way.

I also think NATO are being too nervous. Given Russian forces are mainly young conscripts and haven't been able the break either the Ukrainian forces or even the civilians it would suggest a few battalions of US, UK and French combat troops - Marines, Paras and Special Forces, wouldn't have an issue. All battle hardened from Afgan, Iraq and, for the French, Africa.

I find incomprehensable that we can allow the slaughter to continue.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Thanks to the Mod who sorted out the thread :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For some reason when I merged the two threads to keep the poll it reverted the thread title. I think it's all tidied up now. Long morning......

Anyway, to answer the question, no. It's no more our business than Putin's incursions into Georgia, annexing Crimea or war crimes in Syria. It's just nearer to the doorstep.

NATO is there to defend NATO countries and if Putin attacks one of those then sadly we are looking at Nuclear War.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

I also think NATO are being too nervous. Given Russian forces are mainly young conscripts and haven't been able the break either the Ukrainian forces or even the civilians it would suggest a few battalions of US, UK and French combat troops - Marines, Paras and Special Forces, wouldn't have an issue. All battle hardened from Afgan, Iraq and, for French Africa.

I take it you are not the parent of a Marine, Para or special forces operative?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hopefully all the sanctions and foreign investment pull out that has been put in place, will hit Putin where it hurts most, his own kin.
They'll soon get pissed off with him, and then hopefully he'll get the heave ho, by his own folk instead of CIA black ops guys.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
IMO no, way too risky. At the moment we should be doing everything short of sending in NATO troops.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

I also think NATO are being too nervous. Given Russian forces are mainly young conscripts and haven't been able the break either the Ukrainian forces or even the civilians it would suggest a few battalions of US, UK and French combat troops - Marines, Paras and Special Forces, wouldn't have an issue. All battle hardened from Afgan, Iraq and, for the French, Africa.

NATO may have smarter tech and personal, but what happens when Russia respond with Nukes?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

We’ve let the slaughter continue in Syria, Yemen and Palestine. The time to do something passed in 2014, unfortunately too many Western politicians had their hands in Putins pocket.
Putin has shown he is not mentally stable, and his country has 5,000 nukes. Personally, I don’t want us to give him the excuse to use them. It would mean the end of Earth as a ‘live’ planet.
I don’t know if people don’t know how bad a nuclear war would be.

The living would envy the dead.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I take it you are not the parent of a Marine, Para or special forces operative?

No I'm not but my family have many links to both the Army and the Royal Navy - prime example.being that my cousin commanded a battalion dropped into Bosnia many years ago. I get we would lose troops but to misquote a government minister this echos of WWII - Nazi's invaded one country and the West went 'bad but not our problem' - it soon became our problem !

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
No I'm not but my family have many links to both the Army and the Royal Navy - prime example.being that my cousin commanded a battalion dropped into Bosnia many years ago. I get we would lose troops but to misquote a government minister this echos of WWII - Nazi's invaded one country and the West went 'bad but not our problem' - it soon became our problem !

Thought so.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I've had to vote 'No', as if you believe (and I do) Putin would 'press the button', then it becomes a pointless exercise, as all of Ukraine will be flattened alongside pretty much everywhere and everyone else.
I fully accept that Putin may push further, given time, and that it may well happen eventually, but there are many more possibilities for things to happen, during that time, than the pretty immediate (in my opinion) extinction of civilisation, globally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here