Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for tomorrow

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Now that Webster is not available again (and his obvious replacement is playing for the opposition) anyone fancy a crack at out-guessing GP for the team selection? Mwepu not available yet either. Here's my first wild guess:

Sanchez
Veltman - Dunk - Duffy - Cucurella
Moder - Lallana - Biss - Alzate
Mac
Maupay​

..... or, if we're going to try sticking to three at the back:

Sanchez
Veltman - Duffy - Dunk
Lamptey - Moder - Biss - Lallana - Cucurella
Mac
Maupay​

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Now that Webster is not available again (and his obvious replacement is playing for the opposition) anyone fancy a crack at out-guessing GP for the team selection? Mwepu not available yet either. Here's my first wild guess:

Sanchez
Veltman - Dunk - Duffy - Cucurella
Moder - Lallana - Biss - Alzate
Mac
Maupay​

..... or, if we're going to try sticking to three at the back:

Sanchez
Veltman - Duffy - Dunk
Lamptey - Moder - Biss - Lallana - Cucurella
Mac
Maupay​

The latter would be my preference. Lamptey is completely neutered by a 4-at-the-back system, so a back 5 with creativity in midfield suits me nicely

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really want Lamptey going at Burn.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Oh yeah football, I’d forgotten about that.

Sanchez
Veltman-Duffy-Dunk
Lamptey-Bissouma-Lallana-Cucurella
Trossard-Maupay-Welbeck​

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I'd go with 5 at the back but controversially would consider dropping Sanchez for a game or 2 and giving Steele a go. Just think Bob needs a break.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Don't worry about the personnel or the formation. Nobody can ever predict Potter on the first and the second always changes after twenty minutes and several more times during the match. Just be pleased that its away from home.

Incidentally, I've watched some previews from Newcastle fans and it seems that the injection of blood money has brought them back to their comically arrogant best. The wheels have come off at Brighton, we've been found out and they're going to win 4-0. They overlook that we're a different beast away from the Amex. We lost the second half at Man U, but if we play anywhere near like we did in the first half of that game, Newcastle's team would struggle to keep up with us. Of course they don't consider this at all as a possibility. An easy win against out of form, ten man Brentford apparently means that Jonjo Shelvey is now Gatusso and that a team that has lost two away games all season is not in the same league as a team that has won only three at home. They have won five games all season and four of those were against teams in the bottom six.

Of course we could always roll over, we're all still scarred from the memory of doing it spectacularly against Howe's Bournemouth when our side lacked any confidence, but the recency bias of football fans never ceases to amaze. Four of their last six games have been against teams in the bottom six and it seems that some of their fans interpret decent results in these games as Howe being the second coming managing a squad of world beaters, forgetting that the majority of this team have been the players that they have all been monstering as not fit for the shirt for virtually the entire length of Bruce's reign.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sanchez
Veltman - Dunk - Roberts
Lamptey - Alzate - Biss - Cucurella
Ale Mac
Maupay Welbeck​

Moder instead of Mac for no 10 role. He looked very good before last 2 games when for some reason played out wide and therefore hardly got in box

Jul 7, 2003
If Saint Maximin is playing tomorrow would like to see Lamptey in the team as the only one who can keep up with him!

D

Deleted member 2719

Don't care which team he puts out.

If we get any sort of result, it could be our performance of the season.

Newcastle is second in the form league and us being off colour and it's on their patch, a second coming will be needed.

Not being negative but I hope the fans have their realistic heads on and the players have their, let's get something heads on.

Attachments

• Form Table.PNG
    Form Table.PNG
    129.2 KB · Views: 121

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sanchez
Veltman Duffy Dunk Cucurela
Bissouma
Gross Mac
Moda
Maupay Trossard

Have left out Lampty because will need 2 wide defenders whose priority will be to defend. Moda to get back to central attacking role. I have Gross and Mac in midfield but whoever it is they have to make themselves available to receive ball from Bissouma and defenders

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Sanchez
Lamptey Veltman Dunk Duffy Cucurella
Bissouma
MacAllister and Alzate
Maupay and Trossard

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Newcastle is second in the form league.

Newcastle's last six games include matches against Brentford (20th in the last five form table), Leeds (19th), Everton (18th), Watford (17th), so they have been on a bit of an easy run. Unfortunately we're 16th, so you could argue that they still are.

However, if you look at the form table for their last five at home and our last five away, we're both ninth.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here