Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] 2020s- When Time Stops

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My Dad used to say that life goes faster as you get older. Yet the 2020s feel like they've gone on too long already.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That was the noughties for me, they flew by, where did that decade go?

With the birth of our kids and then raising them/protecting them, whilst working, in hindsight all a bit of a maelstrom.

Until then, life seemed so ordered and selfish, enjoying holidays and music exactly as I wanted.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I've been retired for nearly six years. It seems like six weeks.

I took retirement at age 65 (Aug 2019) since then I have seen a conservative government (who I have never voted for) elected with a massive majority, which has taken our country out of Europe against my personal wishes, oversee the worst pandemic and resultant economic and health crisis’s our country has ever faced, resulting in two years of lock downs and personal freedoms imposed on us all. Seen energy prices reach heights never before experienced, seen inflation rise and continue to rise to levels which make any savings I have accumulated during my lifetime losing value at an alarming rate. Now we face a future where the possibility of Nuclear Armageddon is a more realistic proposition then since the Cuban missile crisis of the early 1960’s. What a time to have so much time on my hands!. Oh how I wish I’d never retired.:lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Are you speaking there as the official Head of the Church of Potter? Any other insights?

Its the way it has always been. Cataclysmic event - chaos - solution - more order and organisation to prevent the same cataclysmic event from happening again.

Some say it is organic, some say it is planned. But regardless, it is definitely the normal chain of events and it will be no different this time around.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Its the way it has always been. Cataclysmic event - chaos - solution - more order and organisation to prevent the same cataclysmic event from happening again.

Some say it is organic, some say it is planned. But regardless, it is definitely the normal chain of events and it will be no different this time around.

Hope you're right buddy!
Not feeling at all positive today, though lack of sleep caused by poorly little one may be partly to blame.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Covid restrictions and lockdowns have really messed with my sense of time passed. I'll be saying "oh that was 3 years ago" and it was in fact 5 years ago. It's like life was paused and has now started again.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Covid restrictions and lockdowns have really messed with my sense of time passed. I'll be saying "oh that was 3 years ago" and it was in fact 5 years ago. It's like life was paused and has now started again.

100% this. In my Head everything was last year. in fact it was 3 years ago.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I recently watched an interesting short video related to this, why time appears to speed up as we get older.
Interesting, and worth a watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here