Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea up for sale.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All profits to go to a fund to help victims of the invasion of Ukrain. Not sure what constitutes a profit, but he doesn't need to do this.

I am no fan of Chelsea (having been a Leeds fan age 11, and I remember that cup final) and I have no reason to sympathize with a man who profitted from carpetbagging and asset stripping, but he's done nothing much wrong for Chelsea, and his actions now are the best he can manage under the circumstances one feels (expecting him to just hand the club over for nothing would be absurd).

edit: Mrs T says he's done what he's done 'with some dignity'.

(and....runs for cover)

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Amazing gesture to give the net proceeds to the Ukraine appeal . No other individual donation will match this anywhere in the world .

He obviously can’t criticise Putin because most of his business is in Russia but it’s obvious by his immense kind gesture what he thinks about the invasion.

Amazing man .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And not calling in his loans

He’s on the run and running scared

An alternative is he could seek asylum in the UK for his (now evident) sympathy for Ukrain. I wouldn't be astonished if he were running scared and perhaps it will come to this, but at present he appears to be in command of his options and his dignity.

Let's see how this plays out before we start insinuating he (still) supports Putin...

And I repeat, I have no time for Chelsea.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Amazing gesture to give the net proceeds to the Ukraine appeal . No other individual donation will match this anywhere in the world .

He obviously can’t criticise Putin because most of his business is in Russia but it’s obvious by his immense kind gesture what he thinks about the invasion.

Amazing man .

I think it is profits isn't it?

Even so.....quite.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I’d love to believe that his offer is genuine and altruistic, but find it hard not to suspect he has self interests at heart.

I do hope I am proved wrong.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Writing of his loans and and profits to go to a charity, that is some gesture. Wonder how Vlad feels about that or how he will react

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Writing of his loans and and profits to go to a charity, that is some gesture. Wonder how Vlad feels about that or how he will react

I thought he said he wouldn’t be asking for the loan to be repaid, suggesting (to me) that the loan would stay on Chelsea’s books with him as a creditor. Net proceeds (or profits?) might be very low, or even a loss.

I don’t trust him.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Amazing man .

Hardly ****ing amazing. Corrupt maybe. Giving away money that will be seized anyway

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I thought he said he wouldn’t be asking for the loan to be repaid, suggesting (to me) that the loan would stay on Chelsea’s books with him as a creditor. Net proceeds (or profits?) might be very low, or even a loss.

I don’t trust him.

Can’t see many people lining up to take on a club that owes 1bn + to someone. He will also be under sanctions which, I would imagine, will wipe out the loans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here