Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BDB Celebration

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I wondered if we negotiated a clause in the deal that would prevent him from playing against us this season ?

This would be a breach of FA rules. A player whose contract has been permanently registered with a club via permanent transfer can't be limited in this way.

However! There would be nothing stopping the clubs having made a gentleman's agreement not to use the player in an upcoming fixture. It wouldn't be legally binding, but we have done this in the past.

When we re-signed Johnny Byrne from Oxford, we had such a verbal agreement not to play him in our next match against them, in return for the free transfer switch to us.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whether he scores or not, he's helped to shore up their previously shitty defence, whilst at the same time weakening ours. With regard to BDB, those are the two main issues we're going to have to cope with on Saturday.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Come on. He's hardly played for them. He can't score from the bench :shrug:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Burn has scored what? About 2 goals in the last 4 years? Hat-trick Saturday then……..
I forgot about Wood. Bollocks.

Yes. One against City last season and from Mwepu’s flick on against Everton.

People always used to say that it was inevitable that Ashley Barnes would score against us. I think he managed just one goal in 13 appearances since his transfer to Burnley in 2014.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Appreciate this is putting a curse on things but have many ex BHA players scored against us?

I can only think of Barnes and Wood in recent times. And FFSMurray of course.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Whether he scores or not, he's helped to shore up their previously shitty defence, whilst at the same time weakening ours. With regard to BDB, those are the two main issues we're going to have to cope with on Saturday.

Of course he'll score, with a power header (the like of which we never saw), from a set piece and he'll go batshit mental!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Of course he'll score, with a power header (the like of which we never saw), from a set piece and he'll go batshit mental!!

If he did I don't believe he would. But the damage has already done. His move has strengthened them, and weakened us. There's no disputing that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here