Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Saints game

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
Afternoon all,

Wondered what the likelihood is of the saints game being moved to the lunch time kick off on 23rd is?

I just got tickets to the fury fight and really didn't fancy having to rush too much to get there..

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Afternoon all,

Wondered what the likelihood is of the saints game being moved to the lunch time kick off on 23rd is?

I just got tickets to the fury fight and really didn't fancy having to rush too much to get there..

In the same quandary, unfortunately it will be a battle for mid table mediocrity by then so can't seeing it getting live TV coverage and moving.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I guess it depends on whether or not the TV companies want to make it a South Coast Derby while mocking our rivalry with Palace.

If they decide to put that to bed, then I cant see it being on TV.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
When are the TV fixtures for April supposed to be announced? I'm sure it is by now?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When are the TV fixtures for April supposed to be announced? I'm sure it is by now?

Think next week after FAC round 5 completed

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

The first 2 weekends were done (almost) on time, the rest are waiting until 5th round of cup is completed.

el punal

I don’t care what time kick off is, all I want is a home win. I’m absolutely cheesed off in having to catch a train with a load of Saints fans (I live in Southampton) after they’ve got an undeserved win or a dodgy draw and having it rammed down my throat.

Having said that most of their fans have been pretty decent about it - unlike some other team’s fans from further afield.

BHAFCLive

Sep 21, 2018
I'd say there's little chance it would be the Saturday lunchtime slot even it was picked for TV. That's BT's slot, who are almost certain to pick whichever one of Arsenal v Man Utd or Liverpool v Everton Sky doesn't choose first.

Added to that, the Champions League Semis are the midweek after and given when these picks are made we won't yet know if Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd or Man City will be A) left in it and B) if they are in, scheduled for Tuesday meaning they have to play the Saturday before, if TV were to select these teams for Sunday, there's a risk they would have to swap back to Saturday anyway. It's why you sometimes see pretty low key Sunday TV games after big Saturday TV games - easier to place something like Brighton v Southampton on a Sunday with no chance of it needing to move than select 2 games on Sunday which later on turn out they can't be played then.

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
I'd say there's little chance it would be the Saturday lunchtime slot even it was picked for TV. That's BT's slot, who are almost certain to pick whichever one of Arsenal v Man Utd or Liverpool v Everton Sky doesn't choose first.

Added to that, the Champions League Semis are the midweek after and given when these picks are made we won't yet know if Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd or Man City will be A) left in it and B) if they are in, scheduled for Tuesday meaning they have to play the Saturday before, if TV were to select these teams for Sunday, there's a risk they would have to swap back to Saturday anyway. It's why you sometimes see pretty low key Sunday TV games after big Saturday TV games - easier to place something like Brighton v Southampton on a Sunday with no chance of it needing to move than select 2 games on Sunday which later on turn out they can't be played then.

Sunday would work! although hugely unlikely :lolol:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Surprised by this, there are 4/5 games that seem higher profile than us Vs Southampton:

Arsenal Vs Man Utd
Chelsea Vs West Ham
Leicester Vs Villa
Liverpool Vs Everton

Maybe Norwich Vs Newcastle from a relegation scrap perspective, appreciate Newcastle seem to be pulling away now.

Worried we are going to be stuck on Monday night now.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Poo, that's the 4.30 p.m. Sunday KO then

Can't see that. It's normally they flagship game of the weekend which certainly isn't our game.

Worried we are going to be stuck on Monday night now.

Would say this is a lot more likely.

With a bit of luck it'll just stay at 3pm Saturday though. I've got tickets to a pop concert in town in the evening.

BHAFCLive

Sep 21, 2018
The delay to sale is purely because the date and time for any PL matches beyond 11th April have yet to be announced, for the same reason we cannot yet purchase Tottenham away tickets. It's not a sign a game will be televised.

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
I am thrilled beyond belief for once at a move on fixtures! Although I think there are no trains running on 24th so that will be rubbish

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here