[Football] Ed Turns [Loaned to Crewe - 1/2/24]

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
thought this would be a thread about The Cult's She Sells Sanctuary

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Was forming a very impressive CB pairing with Tsoungui until the latter's long term injury. Only 19, so time is on his side - loan out next season for my money.

Tsoungui did look impressive from the bits I saw. Do we know how his recovery is going?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Saw him against Swansea. IIRC I think he was technically very good but a little small.

The problem is more that we've sold TWO good centre backs this season and replaced them with Shane Duffy and all the inconsistencies that come with that.

Is he better than Roberts, Offiah, Clarke, Ostigaard, Dendonker, Van Hecke? I don't think I'll ever find out.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Saw him against Swansea. IIRC I think he was technically very good but a little small.
The problem is more that we've sold TWO good centre backs this season and replaced them with Shane Duffy and all the inconsistencies that come with that.
Two good centre backs sold? BDB and ....?

Is he better than Roberts, Offiah, Clarke, Ostigaard, Dendonker, Van Hecke? I don't think I'll ever find out.
Do we know which of these are better than the others (leaving aside Offiah, who's always been playing RB when I've seen him)?

Last edited:

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Also saw him vs Swansea, looked a very intelligent player, seemed to read the play well but still raw, naturally. Next step is getting him out on loan surely

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
[I]Two[/I] good centre backs sold? BDB and ....?

Do we know which of these are better than the others (leaving aside Offiah, who's always been playing RB when I've seen him)?

Some lad we got from Leeds and sold to Arsenal.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Two good centre backs sold? BDB and ....?

You know that lad who Arsenal paid more for , than the club had previously been paid in all its previous outgoing deals combined ( apparently)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
My reckoning is that Clarke and Van Hecke are the most likely to be in our squad next season, I think Ostigard will be off, too aggresive, and not prepared to be a bit part player and work his way in it seems, but he will have a good career when he gets a bit better control of himself, Roberts and Dendonker for the future still, with Roberts most likely to make the grade.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Oh him .................

I thought he'd gone before the season started. :shrug:

Well, he definitely was with us last season, and I think most people consider the summer window as one of two windows in a season.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

According to the S/T holder behind me, Offiah is a winger.:facepalm:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
From the little that l've seen of him, l very much like the look of young Ed Turns.

Then again, he is probably unfortunate in that he plays as a centre back, surely our best served, and most competive position on the pitch. He has so many good players, and young wannabees, to beat in order to get much more than just a sniff of first team action.

I wish you well Ed, but it's going to be far from easy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here