Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Where did you go for an Underage Drink ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Off the back of a post in the 'Parenting in Pubs' thread

The three that come to mind,

As a 13 year old, you could get served in the 'other' pavilion at Hove dogs. What is now and has been for some years, Alliance and Leicester.

Similar age 'The Cliftonville' outside Hove Station. 'Pint of Lager and Lime, Honestly I'm 18 mister' :wink:

And the first nightclub I ever got into, Sherry's a few weeks after my 14th Birthday. My mates, who were older, used the line 'He's Jimmy Clitheroe's younger brother' to get me in. There was a fight, someone went over the balcony and I remember the pile of rifled handbags in the corner of the Gents. I was so impressed :lolol:

(Obviously this is an old gits thread, for those long, long before ID was invented :wink:)

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Hector's House in Brighton

The Top House in Burgess Hill. I think the average age in there was about 17 at the time.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
The County Oak, The Snipe locally, in town, the Golden Fleece, Pav Tav, cricketers, Druids head. Also sneaked into Coasters and Busbys if the wind didn’t blow the bum fluff off my face.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Swiss Cottage.
Snakebite black.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Swiss Cottage.
Snakebite black.

Yes, bad memories.

I was drinking from 15. The Martha Gunn was my first venture. I went to the bar and asked for a 'pint'. What of ? was the reply. I quickly said 'Guinness, of course'

I hated it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Had three pubs in my little (mid Devon) village - got served from age 15 in 2 of them (positively encouraged, landlord/barman knew exactly who we were - my mum actually worked in one of them :D), but old Doris in the London Inn wouldn’t have any of it - still used to go in there though because she had the best fruit machine and pool table. There was also a Working Men’s Club that more or less stuck to the rules but sometimes ‘missed’ one of the guys buying a pint for a lad (particularly at darts matches as I started playing when I was 16). Only one of the pubs is still open now sadly but the club is still going strong.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Probably at one of these very tables.

Ship Inn Southwick.JPG

Ship Inn, Southwick. Mild & Bitter almost certainly.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Assorted pubs in Newhaven - Newfield, The Sheffield, The Ark.

Royal Pav Tav/Shades, Golden Fleece, The Star, Carpenters Arms, Hennekies.
Then Sherry’s, Top Rank Suite or the original Savannah (under the Queens Hotel)

All well under age, full blown pubbing and clubbing by age 16, on 8 to 12 pints.

You could get away with blue murder in the 80’s, my older brothers/their mates were clubbing by age 14.

Didn’t do us any harm :lolol:

At the very most you were asked your DOB, deducting x number of years to miraculously be 18.

E62E9506-1526-401F-88B3-A4F616F6A278.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here