Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
no she campaigned to remain but after the offer of a ministerial position suddenly thought it was a great idea

I think they are all switched on to the notion dislike of foreigners and being in conflict keeps them on side with their support base, but triggering nuclear warfare could be a step too far, maybe not. As long as they get re-elected....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1105936148592017408

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why have we had such incompetent fools as Foreign Ministers? Boris stupid comments had Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe thrown in an Iranian jail, now Liz Truss wild comments getting Putin to issue his nuclear warning. Get these charlatans out now

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
To be fair, Putin was always going to bring nukes into the conversation. Having said that, Putin loves an excuse. And she could be it. Send her home for the rest of her life.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
A moron in charge who put put the thickest people he could find in the cabinet. Works with well enough to convince 1 in 4 people to vote for them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
just to note that, accepting we already know Truss is out of her depth, having a pop at her because the Russians said she upset them is playing to their game. as far as i can tell she's said nothing not voiced by leaders in other european countries.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This episode as well as the Covid response have highlighted, hopefully for ever, the folly of selecting those for top jobs for their zealotry to a cause rather than their competence.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Much as with "Tory Meltdown" this is a thread documenting a historic event and the politicians that are dealing with it that future generations will study.

It must remain [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Much as how a message board works, every time you, [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION] and [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] post on this thread it comes bouncing back up to the top.

There's more than one way to kill a thread :wink:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
What a disaster this person is so far out of her depth and not helping the situation in Ukraine

Where are the real leaders this country needs !!!!

Johnson is a disaster but Truss is on another level

Yep.

While it’s not ok to be crap at domestic politics, the only people you are going to hurt is your own citizens.

When it comes to international politics, the stakes are raised. She and Ben Wallace are loving the Sabre rattling, but they need to take a far more measured response. Cut the hyperbolic nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Always refreshing to see the tolerant left still walk among us.
I would imagine if this thread was targeting a Leftwaffe MP it would be tossed into the pit by the prefects. Debate robustly, but please, keep away from the sexiest abuse eh?.

What the hell is sexiest abuse 😆

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
just to note that, accepting we already know Truss is out of her depth, having a pop at her because the Russians said she upset them is playing to their game. as far as i can tell she's said nothing not voiced by leaders in other european countries.

Was about to post something similar.

The anti-Tory types are blinded by their hatred and have instantly sided with the opposition yet again. They'd rather take the word of a country invading madman without question than stick up for a Tory minister.

She's admittedly out of her depth, but hasn't said anything that most European ministers aren't saying.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Was about to post something similar.

The anti-Tory types are blinded by their hatred and have instantly sided with the opposition yet again. They'd rather take the word of a country invading madman without question than stick up for a Tory minister.

She's admittedly out of her depth, but hasn't said anything that most European ministers aren't saying.

A - this is simply not what happened. You are either cofused or making stuff up.

B- As I pointed out, the nuclear threat was always going to be raised by Putin. That’s not Truss’s doing.

However, stating on television that she supports ordinary Brits going over there to take up arms against the Russians is so clangingly irresponsible and that is what plays into Putin’s hands.

I don’t think any other European ministers are saying this sort of thing. Are they?

She was incorrect and irresponsible. We simply can’t have this right now.
She is just far too stupid to be involved in this.

Im not necessarily anti-Tory. I am anti stupid.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
However, stating on television that she supports ordinary Brits going over there to take up arms against the Russians is so clangingly irresponsible and that is what plays into Putin’s hands.

I don’t think any other European ministers are saying this sort of thing. Are they?

Indeed - given it is against the law, likely to get you classified as a terrorist it is incredibly stupid from someone who is Foreign Minister + has previously headed up the Ministry of Justice

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
A - this is simply not what happened. You are either cofused or making stuff up.

B- As I pointed out, the nuclear threat was always going to be raised by Putin. That’s not Truss’s doing.

She was incorrect and irresponsible. We simply can’t have this right now.
She is just far too stupid to be involved in this.

Im not necessarily anti-Tory. I am anti stupid.

This is it, right here.

Liz Truss isn't a f**king fool because she's a Tory; she's a f**king fool because she's a f**king fool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here