Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Peston or someone similar had suggested it would probably be between Sunak, Wallace and Mordaunt.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Some Braverman-supporting twat on TalkRadio, Nick from Chichester, selling her as a great potential PM, Labour will fear her.

Still right-wing idiots living with the fairies. Unable to see the big picture.

It would be funny, if the country didn't need stable direction in the 26 months ahead.

How did we get to this state that one wing of one party, control 68m people?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
The European Research Group effectively control the party, able to blackball any candidate they consider as an enemy or having slighted Boris. They therefore control the UK.

A tiny number of zealots. This is unjust to this nation.

I feel I could write a speech that Starmer should now make, with genuine emotion, to win all the remaining hearts and minds of sensible politicians and the public.

Not in the Commons, not in his staid barrister's style with the same old one-liners.

He could seize this moment.
Exactly this. The ERG and related right wing groups pull the strings behind the scenes.
Starmer has an open goal...will he be a Haarland or...🤦‍♂️

JackB247

Sep 25, 2013
Burgess Hill
Truly remarkable and turbulent times.

Really surprised they are getting the members involved again in the leadership election given the shitshow that's happened with Truss.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not a bad pay off for completely failing in your 44 days as PM, £115k a year for the rest of your life. No wonder Truss was still smiling when she made her statement today.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Reports from The Times apparently that BJ might stand again. In normal times that would just be impossibly ridiculous. These are definitely not 'normal' times however, and haven't been for some time.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Boris Johnson is expected to stand in the Tory leadership contest, the Times is reporting.

The former prime minister is reportedly taking soundings but is said to believe it is a matter of national interest, Steven Swinford writes.
Welcome to the new normal. Not only are they going to shit on us from on high, they are going to make us eat it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here