Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
We haven't taken a spoon to a knife fight. We have taken a Poundland Barbie returned item.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
About 2,459 other threads for this eloquent, informed rant.

Thanks though.

I agree with you but seeing her so far out of her depth and making silly comments that the Russians are using to justify upping the game with threat of nukes

We need poker players not idiots like Truss

Did she vote for Brexit or something?

Apparently the Russians have singled her out as the reason for escalating their nuclear threat yesterday.

Not sure exactly what she said though!

Russia blames Liz Truss for nuclear 'special alert'
Earlier, UK Defence Secretary Ben Wallace downplayed the nuclear "special alert" announced by Vladimir Putin, suggesting that the Russian president wanted to distract people from his forces' slower-than-expected progress in the invasion.

Wallace told the BBC: "We will not do anything to escalate in that area, we will not do anything to feed any miscalculation - we take it very, very seriously. But at the moment this is a battle of rhetoric that President Putin is deploying."

Now, the Kremlin has suggested comments from Foreign Secretary Liz Truss were the reason that Russia put its nuclear forces on heightened alert, according to the Russian news agency Interfax.

"There had been statements by various representatives at various levels about possible conflict situations and even collisions and clashes between Nato and the Russian Federation," said Dmitry Peskov, spokesman for Vladimir Putin.

"We consider such statements absolutely unacceptable. I will not name the authors of these statements, although it was the British foreign secretary."

It's not clear which comments by Truss the Russian government objects to, although on Sunday she said she said she would support individuals from the UK joining an international force to fight for Ukraine.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I agree with you but seeing her so far out of her depth and making silly comments that the Russians are using to justify upping the game with threat of nukes

Do you think the UK are a big player in these sanctions and moves against Putin?

They've probably not heard of her.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Now I'm not going to name names, but she has some serious competition from all parties.

Probably, but they are not running the country at the moment. Neither are they suggesting that citizens are well within their rights to go and fight a war against a nation we are officially at peace with thus breaking UK law.

Yes, she has encouraged folk to fight in a war, thus effectively making a declaration of war, when such involvement would be illegal under UK law.

Liz Truss is indeed perfect for this current government.

This is not the time to put on a blonde wig and engage in ' what about ?'

The Tories used to produce some pretty good statesmen and women. We could have done with William Hague right now.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Probably, but they are not running the country at the moment. Neither are they suggesting that citizens are well within their rights to go and fight a war against a nation we are officially at peace with thus breaking UK law.

Yes, she has encouraged folk to fight in a war, thus effectively making a declaration of war, when such involvement would be illegal under UK law.

Liz Truss is indeed perfect for this current government.

Helps get the social care expenditure down. Might be a few people off of NHS waiting lists as well.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Now I'm not going to name names, but she has some serious competition from all parties.

Which makes it even more remarkable that she is the thickest and one of the biggest liars. A pathetic politician with no shame or self respect. The only solace I take is that for all her sycophantic lying on behalf of Johnson, he’d throw her under the Brexit bus, before you could say “Russians are our biggest donor”.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Poker players you say, we have our very own rather good poker player and he’s failed to deliver a decent striker over the last three seasons despite all the money ball stats pointing in that direction [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
What a disaster this person is so far out of her depth and not helping the situation in Ukraine

Where are the real leaders this country needs !!!!

Johnson is a disaster but Truss is on another level

There are plenty of other threads active at the moment for the hard left to vent their sexism and racism, just have browse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here