Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Guardian Crossword

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patreon
May 30, 2014
Worthing
The Guardian crossword today was set by Paul, who, I believe, is an Albion fan.

Yet, the answer to 27 across is a phrase/name which I doubt older Brightonians would readily use. *

Being a bit precious here but really…..?

* not giving the answer in case anyone else is trying to do three puzzle, but just interested in the views of any other NSCers who may have seen it.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
The Guardian crossword today was set by Paul, who, I believe, is an Albion fan.

Yet, the answer to 27 across is a phrase/name which I doubt older Brightonians would readily use.

I remember the day of the first home league game at the Amex against Donny, the answer to one of the clues in the Guardian Cryptic Crossword was 'Brighton and Hove Albion'. A clue which I managed to get before I set off for the match!

Don't know if the Setter that day was Paul though.

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patreon
May 30, 2014
Worthing
I remember the day of the first home league game at the Amex against Donny, the answer to one of the clues in the Guardian Cryptic Crossword was 'Brighton and Hove Albion'. A clue which I managed to get before I set off for the match!

Don't know if the Setter that day was Paul though.

I don’t recall that one but I think he also set one for our first game in many a year against that lot from up the road in 2002. That ended well….

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Yes it was a very easy one though as most of us have a strong association with the area perhaps that helps. Agree with the OP’s original point though. As a child obviously I knew both the landmarks and as there were two the answer to todays clue was never in use as far as I recall

Kubes

Jan 6, 2010
How about "A23 derby mix-up over seaside attraction"
Which reminds me of a puzzle in the Brighton local free newspaper sometime in the 1980s, I can't remember the name. Anyway each week they jumbled the letters of a local street for readers to guess. I think the editor got a bit fed up with it because one week he came up with...
3A2
Tough one that!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Which reminds me of a puzzle in the Brighton local free newspaper sometime in the 1980s, I can't remember the name. Anyway each week they jumbled the letters of a local street for readers to guess. I think the editor got a bit fed up with it because one week he came up with...
3A2
Tough one that!

Can you please give a clue :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here