Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Europe <> Relegation

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Couple weeks back was enjoying reading discussion of some very outside chance of Euro places. Now....

.... is anyone slightly concerned about sliding into a relegation battle?

Our games in March look challenging to say the least

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not yet.

Although it'll be a novel experience to drop down to 16th instead drag up to it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't think we are going to get sucked into a relegation battle. Not going to get into Europe either.

We are where we are and in a bad run of form. We will recover at some point or other. By recover I mean we will start to draw and pick up a few points.

We continue to improve and that is all we can really ask for.

theboybilly

I don't think we are going to get sucked into a relegation battle. Not going to get into Europe either.

We are where we are and in a bad run of form. We will recover at some point or other. By recover I mean we will start to draw and pick up a few points.

My caviat to that would be that we have just lost to two teams that arguably would have seen us get 6 points from (I do realise this is the Albion))
Have we improved? Undoubtedly but I can't think of one game this season where we have completely battered the opposition. We miss a ruthless streak

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

If three wins in last 21 games is improving, what is your definition of getting worse? Improvement is a delusion. We might just squeak more points than last season but with 9 games left against teams above us, it is by no means a given.

Home games are becoming a shit show; Potter says 'performance-wise I thought we were OK'. Really? One shot on target today, one shot on target (long ranger from Duffy) last week. Is this really OK? An improvement on what?

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Match day 29th of the 18/19 season we were on 33 points, we ended the season on 36. Our next match against Newcastle will be 27, with both Liverpool and Tottenham to come, we may have the same amount of points at that stage of the season

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
If three wins in last 21 games is improving, what is your definition of getting worse? Improvement is a delusion. We might just squeak more points than last season but with 9 games left against teams above us, it is by no means a given.

Home games are becoming a shit show; Potter says 'performance-wise I thought we were OK'. Really? One shot on target today, one shot on target (long ranger from Duffy) last week. Is this really OK? An improvement on what?

Couldn’t agree more but the clubmen on here will always make excuses for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I think that on the whole we have improved since last year. to focus only on our wins is a bit disingenuous as we have picked up a lot of points from draws this season. (Same as a few weeks ago when people were lauding how few games we had lost. )

around the same time last year we were sitting 16th on 26 points. Compared to 10th this year on 33 points. This is an improvement.

I am still confident that we will finish higher and on more points than last year. If we don't I am happy to reevaluate my position on this.

I agree that we were not 'Okay' nor were we last week. The fact is that we are in a poor run of form at the moment. It happens. Hopefully, it won't last long and we can go back to picking up points (one at a time).

My point is that we are neither as good as people were making us out to be a month or so ago, nor are we as bad as people are making us out to be now.

To me, we are a lower midtable team playing some nice football and getting mixed results. This is an improvement on previous seasons when we have been a team in and around the relegation battle.

We continue to be a promising (and improving team) who need to solve the final part of the puzzle and score more goals. If we can do this then something really special may well happen.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
My caviat to that would be that we have just lost to two teams that arguably would have seen us get 6 points from (I do realise this is the Albion))
Have we improved? Undoubtedly but I can't think of one game this season where we have completely battered the opposition. We miss a ruthless streak

our ruthless streak was perfectly illustrated in parallel by the 3 old duckies singing along to the pre match entertainment ( hey jude) ..... the camera was on then for over a minute and the commentators had a jolly old chuckle that the older of the three , probably early 70's may well have had her cuppa spiked.

in my opinion , and it won't be a popular one , is that our ruthlessness on the pitch is mirrored perfectly by the bi partizan attitude of the crowd......we are a bit lame imho.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
our ruthless streak was perfectly illustrated in parallel by the 3 old duckies singing along to the pre match entertainment ( hey jude) ..... the camera was on then for over a minute and the commentators had a jolly old chuckle that the older of the three , probably early 70's may well have had her cuppa spiked.

in my opinion , and it won't be a popular one , is that our ruthlessness on the pitch is mirrored perfectly by the bi partizan attitude of the crowd......we are a bit lame imho.

Would changing either affect the other?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Would changing either affect the other?

i doubt we will find out any time soon , as young seagulls grow from attending games games with their mums/ dads they may or may not evolve into passionate , raw supporters who will make a racket and jump around for most of the match , at this juncture they will probably be ejected from the ground and given an 18 month banning order.

we will always struggle to cultivate an intimidating atmosphere as we are far too middle class.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
i doubt we will find out any time soon , as young seagulls grow from attending games games with their mums/ dads they may or may not evolve into passionate , raw supporters who will make a racket and jump around for most of the match , at this juncture they will probably be ejected from the ground and given an 18 month banning order.

we will always struggle to cultivate an intimidating atmosphere as we are far too middle class.

We don't sing, we don't intimidate, we don't generate a Calderon atmosphere.

Why?

Because we never have done.
Generationally we never have done.

So why suggest it's a problem now?

There is no problem with us, we are doing what we've always done.

The current problems stem solely from the Directors box, the dug out and the changing room.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
More worried we'll not get a top half finish, we're on 33 points, most seasons lately 36 has been even enough.

If you really want to go down the relegation route, Norwich, Watford and Brentford will not catch us

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No……we’ll end up about 12th I reckon. Large element of ‘what might have been’ but further evidence of progress overall. Lots of work to do on contract discussions and key coaching positions etc in the coming months if we’re going to see any further progress next season. A very flat few weeks ahead.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No……we’ll end up about 12th I reckon. Large element of ‘what might have been’ but further evidence of progress overall. Lots of work to do on contract discussions and key coaching positions etc in the coming months if we’re going to see any further progress next season. A very flat few weeks ahead.
On the back of a few flat months.

Oh no sorry, we were talking of being in Europe after beating...

...checks notes...

...Watford.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
On the back of a few flat months.

Oh no sorry, we were talking of being in Europe after beating...

...checks notes...

...Watford.

Wasn’t really a flat few months at all, all our late goals in away games were brilliant, as was the atmosphere at most of them It’s home games that have been shite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here