Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bielsa on his way? (Update, left Leeds "by mutual consent")

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hope not.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The magical solution to every problem... sack the manager. The blokes on the pitch has no impact on the outcome of football games.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Have you seen Leeds?

Bielsa’s tactics are not helping.

They've had their best defender (Cooper) out for three months, best midfielder (Phillips) has missed 13 games and best striker (Bamford) also 13 games... I think they are exactly where you could expect them to be in the league table. Until some of those are back, I dont see Leeds winning many games regardless of manager.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
They've had their best defender (Cooper) out for three months, best midfielder (Phillips) has missed 13 games and best striker (Bamford) also 13 games... I think they are exactly where you could expect them to be in the league table. Until some of those are back, I dont see Leeds winning many games regardless of manager.

I don’t agree.

All clubs have injuries. Cooper is bang ordinary, and it wasn’t like defending wasn’t issue last season.

Phillips is a great player though, but it isn’t like all clubs don’t have injuries. The manager needs to adapt, for me Bielsa is a one trick pony who has been worked out…… Surely, if he was ‘that’ good, he would have been able to flex and adjust….

Arguably, Brighton have inferior players against a number of teams, it’s just we have a coach who can adjust, and multiple times if necessary…..

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Fake news from the OP.

Since when did the Champions, Champions of Europe, become the World Champions???

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

They've conceded 20 - 20! - goals in 5 games. Bielsa's tsctics are a joke given their current circumstances

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
The magical solution to every problem... sack the manager. The blokes on the pitch has no impact on the outcome of football games.

He is literally the only problem. He’s setting his team up in one way and that way isn’t working and he refuses to change.

Totally justifiable sacking.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Look. They're getting smashed every week. They simply don't adapt. And its Bielsa's CHOICE to work with a small squad, hence there's no strength in depth when they lose key players (which happens to EVERY club).

He's left Leeds ill-equipped to deal with injuries, and he has stubbornly stuck to his man-marking tactics which routinely gets pulled apart. A good manager is a pragmatic one who can adapt. That is clearly not Bielsa. He's a spent force, he'll be gone at the end of the season, so they're better off getting rid now and bringing someone in who ca shore them up. Because if they stick with this bloke, they could easily go down. Easily.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Fake news from the OP.

Since when did the Champions, Champions of Europe, become the World Champions???

Ah, but remember they’re moral world champions for being the biggest club in the world.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ah, but remember they’re moral world champions for being the biggest club in the world.

Possibly, although Massive might have something to say about that :wink:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

But tactically they’re naive. Anyone who’s anyone doesn’t understand why they are marking man for man, players getting pulled out of position left / right / centre. Bielsa never changes formation dependent on the opposition.

Bielsa spent years chasing Dan James and massively overpaid. He also allegedly veto’d any signings in the summer and in January, so he has a small squad because that’s what he wants and has always worked with.

So much of this is at Bielsa door and not just because a couple of average / above average players are now out

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don’t agree.

All clubs have injuries. Cooper is bang ordinary, and it wasn’t like defending wasn’t issue last season.

Phillips is a great player though, but it isn’t like all clubs don’t have injuries. The manager needs to adapt, for me Bielsa is a one trick pony who has been worked out…… Surely, if he was ‘that’ good, he would have been able to flex and adjust….

Arguably, Brighton have inferior players against a number of teams, it’s just we have a coach who can adjust, and multiple times if necessary…..

Managers come and go... games are won or lost... but at the end of the day somewhere around 15 PL teams are going to end up within three places from their place in the wage league. Only Brentford spend less on wages than Leeds. Brighton spend 15th most on wages... and I wouldnt be surprised to see the team end up within three positions from that.

The impact from managers is quite overrated. Quality on the pitch is what matters.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bielsa has to be sacked because of his gung ho tactics and his inability to build a big and decent enough squad. Why didn't they sign Weghorst, instead of Burnley? He's the sort of attainable striker they are crying out for.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Managers come and go... games are won or lost... but at the end of the day somewhere around 15 PL teams are going to end up within three places from their place in the wage league. Only Brentford spend less on wages than Leeds. Brighton spend 15th most on wages... and I wouldnt be surprised to see the team end up within three positions from that.

The impact from managers is quite overrated. Quality on the pitch is what matters.

In that case we should get rid of Potter and get in someone cheaper

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I can only assume you haven't actually watched Leeds this season. Or lately.

Going gung-ho every game might give the media a hard-on. But they have now conceded 60 (SIXTY) goals, in 26 games. Given that, I don't see how you cannot question how the manager is setting up that team.

He has failed to recruit. And he has failed to adapt. Thats on him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here