Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potential Red Card?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Did anyone else think Watkins was lucky not to get a red card?

I only saw one replay, but it looked like he punched Cucerella in the head.

Yes - the ref missed lots today. I think he was scared of Gerrard.

Poor performance from him and us.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Villa turned it on its head and tried to get several Albion players sent off early on the second half.

Anyone else here bored of the dark arts, parachute rolls, turf slapping from most EPL players. Such a dishonest ‘sport’ in the modern era.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Did anyone else think Watkins was lucky not to get a red card?

I only saw one replay, but it looked like he punched Cucerella in the head.

Cuc committed the foul and Watkins was fending him off. No malice.

If we are talking reds. then Veltnam was lucky after his foul and kicking the ball away. Both were card offences. 'I've seen them given'.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Villa turned it on its head and tried to get several Albion players sent off early on the second half.

Anyone else here bored of the dark arts, parachute rolls, turf slapping from most EPL players. Such a dishonest ‘sport’ in the modern era.

There was a lot of play acting going on by both teams. It was very disappointing to see.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Definitely.

Villa tried to influence the ref from the off……

At times weren’t much better though in terms of acting - must admit I hate it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Definitely.

Villa tried to influence the ref from the off……

At times weren’t much better though in terms of acting - must admit I hate it.

I won’t defend Villa at all.

But our game plan seemed to morph quite early on into “We’re playing poorly and are a goal down, so let’s get a Villa player sent off”.

There was a time in football where players always stayed on their feet, hellbent on attacking, only stopped when cut in half by a Case/Clark/Horton/Cannon/Horne/Droy.

We didn’t hold the moral high ground today.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I don't think Watkins was on his feet long enough to hit anyone.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I won’t defend Villa at all.

But our game plan seemed to morph quite early on into “We’re playing poorly and are a goal down, so let’s get a Villa player sent off”.

There was a time in football where players always stayed on their feet, hellbent on attacking, only stopped when cut in half by a Case/Clark/Horton/Cannon/Horne/Droy.

We didn’t hold the moral high ground today.

Agree entirely.

My post should read ‘we’ weren’t much better……

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I wouldn't be upset if we never have that referee again.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If anyone should have gone it was Mings …running half the length of the pitch to try and haul the player to his feet ..vastly over rated nobhead

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Definitely not a red and the overreaction was Neymar-like. Embarrassing. Hate to see it, especially from one of our own.

This big time. I wondered if the challenge had snapped his Alice band or broken a curl judging by the reaction. After a great season him and Lamptey have looked a bit average in in the last two games.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not a red for me.

Players from both teams very early understood that the ref was shite and did their best to abuse that situation.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

And yet Maupay and Trossard both fouled around their area and play is waved on ......did i hear that the ref was from Wallsall....??.not very far from Villa is it really , the northern/midland football mafia rides again.:rolleyes:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Villa made Burnley look like angels with their cynical tactics. As soon as they scored with their first shot of the game, the plan was to completely ruin the game by either winning or giving away cheap free kicks.

Wasn’t there a stat the other day that showed the ball is in play for the least amount of time during Villa matches? That certainly showed yesterday as there must have only been about 20 minutes of actual play during the second half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here