Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] gatwick drop-off fee £5

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
anybody ignored this and got the follow up PCN ?

have to midnight sunday to decide to pay it or ignore

any insights ?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Picked Daughter up on Tuesday, long stay is free for 2 hours, they hopped on a bus and met me there. Very easy stress free option all be it it adds a 5min bus transfer for the travellers.

Edit - sorry didn’t realise this was past not future!!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Picked Daughter up on Tuesday, long stay is free for 2 hours, they hopped on a bus and met me there. Very easy stress free option all be it it adds a 5min bus transfer for the travellers.

Good to know though

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

5 mins can easily be 20 mins+ if you just miss the bus and have to wait…….been caught like that a few times.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
anybody ignored this and got the follow up PCN ?

have to midnight sunday to decide to pay it or ignore

any insights ?

It’s only £5, why would you not pay it?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I've used it a few times recently - when the trains are f***ed, my daughter gets out at Gatwick Airport and I pick her up from the Drop Off zone. Very happy to pay the £5, considering how convenient it is.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Genuinely amazed the majority think this is ‘fine’. Agree have to pay it if rules and got an instruction, but the underlying rule sounds pretty scummy and crap. Thankfully not used Gatwick in well over a decade and flights always seem to be from Heathrow or one of the smaller London airports.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Genuinely amazed the majority think this is ‘fine’. Agree have to pay it if rules and got an instruction, but the underlying rule sounds pretty scummy and crap. Thankfully not used Gatwick in well over a decade and flights always seem to be from Heathrow or one of the smaller London airports.

This exists at Heathrow. Has existed at Luton for years. Not sure about Stansted or Southend

https://www.heathrow.com/transport-and-directions/terminal-drop-off-charge

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's extortion and utterly outrageous to charge someone to drop off or pick up a traveller who is paying the airline for the flight, from which the airline pays the airport for the lake-off and landing slots. It doesn't matter whether it is "only the cost of a pint", it's still outrageous.

Nonsense, would you rather see airports and ultimately airlines go bust. It could happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here