Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Any Horsham Residents

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Calling residents of Horsham......

We are looking to move up to Central Horsham (from Brighton) hopefully in the very near future and we've heard tell that the Needles area is potentially somewhere to avoid. Is that justified?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey.

At least it'll be quick to get back from Newcastle.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Yes. Some small parts of it (the older parts). Its all relative though. Its not a favela. There are large blocks of new housing next to it (west Horsham development).

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

We are looking to move up to Central Horsham (from Brighton) hopefully in the very near future and we've heard tell that the Needles area is potentially somewhere to avoid. Is that justified?

Horsham is a great place to live. Needles is not (IMO) the best area of the town.

Horsham is a fantastic place to live, 30 minutes from the coast, 50 minutes from London to either LB or Victoria and you're in the country in minutes if you like walking/cycling etc

Lots of decent pubs and restaurants as well as outstanding schools. Decent leisure centres and swimming pool.

Yes, lots of new housing developments over the past few years (hardly surprising given the above and lots of Londoners moving out,) but it's still a great place to live, and bring up kids.

PM me if you want more details with regards to specific areas.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's all relative. Horsham is a very nice middle-class town and the Needles estate is, or at least was, one of the council estates so had a bit of a reputation that was, in my opinion, blown out of proportion due to the general affluence of the town as a whole.

It was also famous within Horsham's 16-17 male demographic for having a newsagent there in the 80/90s who didn't seem that clued up on the law and would happily sell jazz mags to anyone over the age of 16.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yes. Some small parts of it (the older parts). Its all relative though. Its not a favela. There are large blocks of new housing next to it (west Horsham development).

Horsham is a great place to live. Needles is not (IMO) the best area of the town.

Horsham is a fantastic place to live, 30 minutes from the coast, 50 minutes from London to either LB or Victoria and you're in the country in minutes if you like walking/cycling etc

Lots of decent pubs and restaurants as well as outstanding schools. Decent leisure centres and swimming pool.

Yes, lots of new housing developments over the past few years (hardly surprising given the above and lots of Londoners moving out,) but it's still a great place to live, and bring up kids.

PM me if you want more details with regards to specific areas.

It's all relative. Horsham is a very nice middle-class town and the Needles estate is, or at least was, one of the council estates so had a bit of a reputation that was, in my opinion, blown out of proportion due to the general affluence of the town as a whole.

It was also famous within Horsham's 16-17 male demographic for having a newsagent there in the 80/90s who didn't seem that clued up on the law and would happily sell jazz mags to anyone over the age of 16.

Cheers guys. We spend quite a few weekends in Horsham as Mrs P's daughter lives in Southwater and found we both really like it as a town. We've got a bit fed up with Brighton so have decided to move there. We're looking very much central, within a 15 minute walk of the station (I commute to London) but there is so little coming onto the market right now. We've offered on three houses so far, but have been outbid on all three. Got a viewing coming up in Needles so thought I'd ask for some local info :thumbsup:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Cheers guys. We spend quite a few weekends in Horsham as Mrs P's daughter lives in Southwater and found we both really like it as a town. We've got a bit fed up with Brighton so have decided to move there. We're looking very much central, within a 15 minute walk of the station (I commute to London) but there is so little coming onto the market right now. We've offered on three houses so far, but have been outbid on all three. Got a viewing coming up in Needles so thought I'd ask for some local info :thumbsup:

You’d have to walk quickly to get to the station in 15 mins from there.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham

Don't forget that Horsham has more than one station. Littlehaven is towards the North of the town and might help you widen your search.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Don't forget that Horsham has more than one station. Littlehaven is towards the North of the town and might help you widen your search.

I must admit we are being quite picky about central location, and don't particularly want to go out to Littlehaven. Mrs P's ideal would be within staggering distance of The Malt Shovel :lolol:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I must admit we are being quite picky about central location, and don't particularly want to go out to Littlehaven. Mrs P's ideal would be within staggering distance of The Malt Shovel :lolol:

Excellent pub, with live music every Saturday night.

Look around the 'Greenway' area / West Horsham - but as you say there's so little on the market at the moment.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

It may be difficult to find if it's near a farm?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here