Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] How are you feeling?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
How has today’s news made you feel? Are you anxious, empathetic, bombastic, angry, indifferent?

Not the place to discuss the rights and wrongs or provide news updates.

Personally I’m not quite sure I can yet articulate my current range of emotions

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Sorrowful for Ukraine.

Outraged with Russia.

Concerned for the future.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I dont like it. People are blindly walking into some emotional, bloodthirsty nationalism and its not fun to see. Learning about our colonial history, our neo-colonial history, our political systems... all forgotten over just a few days. All that remains is different versions of "we westeners are a superior culture and race compared to the Russian". A recipe for disaster and it does not feel good to see the levels of hatred increasing everywhere.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Bit anxious and I'm not normally an anxious person.

What I'm most depressed about is we can't look to our leaders. We can't believe in them and we can't trust them. Absolute shit show.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I dont like it. People are blindly walking into some emotional, bloodthirsty nationalism and its not fun to see. Learning about our colonial history, our neo-colonial history, our political systems... all forgotten over just a few days. All that remains is different versions of "we westeners are a superior culture and race compared to the Russian". A recipe for disaster and it does not feel good to see the levels of hatred increasing everywhere.

I was going to write you a proper reply, but I just can't be arsed. But most of what you've posted is utter drivel, dressed up in a way to make you sound intelligent and well versed in the ways of the world.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Trepidatious and saddened that my feelings of hope from the end of the 80s, with the collapse of the Berlin Wall etc., have appeared to amount to the sum total of sod all.
Mr. Roger Waters song, 'The Tide is Turning', encapsulated my (clearly) rose-tinted view of the future, but appears more and more pointless with each passing year.
Today is simply awful. Awful.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Sad mostly for the people of Ukraine.

But v. angry and want revenge in every shape and form on that w*****r Putin and his fellow retards.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Anxious.

Not so much anxious about the here and now, but about the future and what it is going to be like for my kids.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Concerned about Putin's rigid stance and threats in that address earlier.

I hope I haven't been a tad previous in renewing my ST already on the presumption we wouldn't be nuked.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I try not to get overly worried about things that I have zero control over. I do feel upset for the people of Ukraine and Russia as the vast majority most likely will have no desire to be at war with anyone.

As usual some power hungry knobheads decided they did, and they will probably not be at all affected by the destruction and devistation they are creating.

I was listening to the Invisable Touch Album earlier and the Land of Confusion song. Nothing has changed, there is a part that goes "My generation will put it right" no you havent it is still the same.

Saying that, I was not bothered as a teenager in the 80s about the cold war. I was more concerned about whether my Nike high tops looked odd with my drain pipe jeans.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
The only good thing when potter moves on will be u fooking off!!

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Worried and perplexed as to why someone hasn't slipped an eternal sleeping powder in Vlad's vodka. Surely without him all this looks like a bad dream??

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Outrageous invasion depending upon the initial fight Ukraine puts up then in my opinion warn Russia then bomb the Kremlin completely flattened it

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Sad that this can happen in this day and age but on the flip side the commodities market is likely to go through the roof, so invest a bit in oil and gold and you stand to make a fair sum. Unethical - maybe, but its always been a given in such events in the past that this is a good time to invest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here