Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Apart from anything else surely will not allow possibility of Russia playing Ukraine so hopefully Russia will be kicked out. Or will FA say keep politics out of sport

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'd be very surprised if both qualified.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
As it stands, Russia face Poland at home in their Semi-Final. The winner will host the winner of Sweden and the Czech Republic.

Needless to say there's plenty that will be hoping that Robert Lewandowski has a particularly good game.

Ukraine are away to Scotland in their Semi-Final. The winner of the tie will travel to face either Wales or Austria.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We'll see how this gets resolved... if Russia gets disqualified from the playoff or something. If not, I still think Poland, Sweden and the Czechs would still be big favorites to beat them. The Russian team is currently quite weak.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
As it stands, Russia face Poland at home in their Semi-Final. The winner will host the winner of Sweden and the Czech Republic.

Needless to say there's plenty that will be hoping that Robert Lewandowski has a particularly good game.

Ukraine are away to Scotland in their Semi-Final. The winner of the tie will travel to face either Wales or Austria.

Never will I have supported another nation more in a football match

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I doubt Fifa will do anything as they claim to keep politics and sport separate, all while politicians are greasing their palms with dirty money!!

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Russia should be isolated from now on in the same way South Africa was during apartheid. Banned from all international sports for starters.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
How are Ukraine going to be able to play their playoff? Their country is currently under invasion for fecks sake

A lot of countries that has been under invasion still played football during that time... obviously the players are more eager than ever to play for their country. You'd guess they will have to play the games somewhere else which is a disadvantage but I definitely think they'll play the games.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
A lot of countries that has been under invasion still played football during that time... obviously the players are more eager than ever to play for their country. You'd guess they will have to play the games somewhere else which is a disadvantage but I definitely think they'll play the games.

I assume a lot of their players play in Ukraine - there's no flights or any ease of movement - I'm sure they'll try but jeez

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
FIFA and UEFA need to be booting Russia and Russian teams out of all competitions

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
FIFA and UEFA need to be booting Russia and Russian teams out of all competitions

Nice thought but ……
F425A3CC-66B4-4C1E-BB32-731C1B7E805B.jpeg
We have Infantino acting like a child.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I have read that Poland Czech Republic and Sweden FAs have already said there is no way they will either play or play in Russia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here