Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Royal Mail parcel redirected in error.

boik

My old Dad ordered a book which hasn't turned up. The seller is very friendly and has offered to send a replacement, but using his tracking info he saw that the parcel has a status of :

Pending
As requested Burgess Hill DO is forwarding this item to a different address as part of our Redirection service. See below for more information.

There has never been a redirect of mail from this address.

Tried customer services number but there appears to be no way of getting through to a human and automated system doesn't fit this problem. I'm worried that someone might have forged a redirect for their mail, although they seem to be getting other stuff.

Anyone had anything similar or got any advice?

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
You might find that there has been a delay to the delivery and it has been incorrectly scanned

It’s probably worth your while just hanging on for 24 hours

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
030D4531-6400-4D2E-A0BD-35A2D53E4A0B.jpeg

3C0C9A66-C6EA-4280-B2E5-043E8B983425.jpeg

Might be worth going to you local PO if you can’t get through to speak to someone.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yeah I wouldn't worry to much yet - the weather has caused havoc with the post and sometimes posties need to do 'interesting' things. I had a few special deliveries show as delivered / signed for - and turn up a day or 2 later. I think because they 'should' be next day pre -1pm, if they know they will miss it they just mark as delivered :shrug:

D

Deleted member 22389

My old Dad ordered a book which hasn't turned up. The seller is very friendly and has offered to send a replacement, but using his tracking info he saw that the parcel has a status of :

Pending
As requested Burgess Hill DO is forwarding this item to a different address as part of our Redirection service. See below for more information.

There has never been a redirect of mail from this address.

Tried customer services number but there appears to be no way of getting through to a human and automated system doesn't fit this problem. I'm worried that someone might have forged a redirect for their mail, although they seem to be getting other stuff.

Anyone had anything similar or got any advice?

Sounds weird. If you are near enough I would goto the depot.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'd go to local delivery office customer counter and ask about this.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Yeah I wouldn't worry to much yet - the weather has caused havoc with the post and sometimes posties need to do 'interesting' things. I had a few special deliveries show as delivered / signed for - and turn up a day or 2 later. I think because they 'should' be next day pre -1pm, if they know they will miss it they just mark as delivered :shrug:

That is totally untrue statement and is an instant dismissal if it did happen which I can almost guarantee didn’t !!! Special deliveries before 1pm are treated very seriously by Royal Mail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here