Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RIP Mark Lanegan

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Had the pleasure of seeing this consummate performer at St George's Church, which was some juxtaposition. Thanks for the style and the music Mark.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Saw him at The Concorde 2 a few years back with my Italian wife, who is a huge fan. I have to say I became a big fan and loved much of his stuff even though it’s not my usual taste. Rip.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
That's terrible news, I saw Screaming Trees many years back in The Duchess in Leeds, great show. He really had a rich distinctive voice. RIP

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I hadn't realised that he was hospitalised for months last year with Covid, to the point of being put in a medically induced coma. Can't presume and no evidence, but perhaps his premature demise was linked to Covid damage. Even more sad if that's the case.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
And another great voice gone. RIP. Younger than me too :eek:

Saw him live a few times in several different guises, but I particularly liked his work with Greg Dulli as The Gutter Twins

[yt]CjR_HNjNT3Q[/yt]

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Very Sad that the music scene has lost another creative soul. I watched this hour long interview last night about his life, it was nice and slow and had some great lines form Mark.

Talking about his voice and the control he got when he abstained from some of life's excesses, I liked this line

"I am glad I lived long enough to give up smoking"

Also he spoke of the naivety of not putting himself down as the arranger on the acoustic songs like Leadbelly ones he he did with Kurt Cobain, I imagine he could have earned a little bit of money if he did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=RP7U2lDes3o

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here