Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tadcaster Albion

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I see that Tadcaster Albion's ground is flooded for the third time in seven years and they are facing £50k - £80k worth of damage.

The chairman has said "“What we really could do with is a Premier League footballer to give us a week’s wages. That would just sort it. They’re not exactly strapped for cash.” But that isn't going to happen, I imagine.

Wouldn't it be nice if something could be done to help a fellow Albion in their time of difficulty. Perhaps someone at the club could organise a whip round on Saturday.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I see that Tadcaster Albion's ground is flooded for the third time in seven years and they are facing £50k - £80k worth of damage.

The chairman has said "“What we really could do with is a Premier League footballer to give us a week’s wages. That would just sort it. They’re not exactly strapped for cash.” But that isn't going to happen, I imagine.

Wouldn't it be nice if something could be done to help a fellow Albion in their time of difficulty. Perhaps someone at the club could organise a whip round on Saturday.

Maybe worth an ask. Interesting do a search for Tancaster Albion & it comes up with your thread.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Maybe worth an ask. Interesting do a search for Tancaster Albion & it comes up with your thread.

For you. Google (or other) knows your browsing history and therefore prioritises results from websites you frequently visit (or something like that).

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Not a particularly classy comment from the Chairman.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Not a particularly classy comment from the Chairman.

But it is very, very true though. So many Premier league players driving around in their Bentleys and Lambo's. Not saying all as some clearly prioritise others good causes but way too many are over paid!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
But it is very, very true though. So many Premier league players driving around in their Bentleys and Lambo's. Not saying all as some clearly prioritise others good causes but way too many are over paid!

So are the top golfers, film stars, pop stars, gamblers, TV personalities, successful business people, racing car drivers, ie people at the top of their profession, etc. Why should these people be expected to bail out another business that should have been adequately insured?
(Accept that the ground may be uninsurable)

If a PL footballer wishes to donate some cash, he will.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It would be nice if some of the riches filtered down, but this is England, we have trickle up economics.

I agree that perhaps more money should be filtered down from the highly paid, but isn’t the money they spend on buying Bentleys and the tax they pay already helping to fund the economy?

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I agree that perhaps more money should be filtered down from the highly paid, but isn’t the money they spend on buying Bentleys and the tax they pay already helping to fund the economy?

The VAT argument is a good one, it's an equaliser for most of us, there are still ways to shop tax free depending on resident status but I'd assume most EPL players are here long enough to qualify. There's also the question of how they're paid, if they're PAYE and pay tax directly but I'm sure a bulk of the salary will be endorsement deals and bonuses and some clever accounting along the way to help them pay less tax. The UK is a tax haven for the rich.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here