Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Bin strike in Adur and Worthing?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just put my recycling and bin out to see that I am the only one in the street to have done it.

Came back and checked and yes their was a unanimous vote to strike but dates to be confirmed

I assume they have been and I am the last to know :smile:

Can any of you confirm that I now need to bring the stuff back or is there a possibility of bin collections today with the strike dates yet to be announced officially?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Just put my recycling and bin out to see that I am the only one in the street to have done it.

Came back and checked and yes their was a unanimous vote to strike but dates to be confirmed

Can any of you confirm that I now need to bring the stuff back or is there a possibility of bin collections today with the strike dates yet to be announced officially?

Why would you expect the binmen or the council to tell you about it? You're just the council tax payer.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Friday's collection rounds were abandoned due to the weather, council stated that priority goes to catching up on fridays missed collections. Expect your bins to be collected a little later than normal. ...UPDATE My bin has just been emptied as we speak in West Worthing.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's not yet - I wouldn't worry, knowing how big a c*nts unions are - they'll be in / around the Easter holidays so people have to go 4 weeks without a bin being emptied no doubt

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
With the ongoing 'stiff breeze' and our local gang of commie foxes I expect our bins to be empty by the end of the day.

Where the rubbish goes is open to debate.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well the recycling bin men have been so it seems they are not yet on strike, waiting for the regular bin men now

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well the recycling bin men have been so it seems they are not yet on strike, waiting for the regular bin men now

Hoping that Fridays missed collection is done before any action…i posted about the possibility on the Brighton strike thread last Friday ..came as a bit of a shock ….still i can always book my five allowable monthly slots at the local tip :whistle:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

The Councils view

https://www.adur-worthing.gov.uk/bin-strike/

According to the website refuse and garden waste missed Friday is to be collected today and missed recycling tomorrow

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
With the ongoing 'stiff breeze' and our local gang of commie foxes I expect our bins to be empty by the end of the day.

Where the rubbish goes is open to debate.

Indeed, both my general refuse, and recycling bins were summarily emptied this morning, not by the binmen oh no, but by Storm Franklin, contents blowing down the street.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Meanwhile up the road in Arun we had bins collected regular as always on the Monday. Lovely. Sorry, I know that doesn't help.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It's not yet - I wouldn't worry, knowing how big a c*nts unions are - they'll be in / around the Easter holidays so people have to go 4 weeks without a bin being emptied no doubt

Yeah, Unions trying to get the best deals for their members are twats. Now, due to Brexit, an LGV Cat C driver is highly sought after, and could get a lot more money in the private sector. As for striking at the most awkward time for householders, why wouldn’t you if you are trying to pressure your employer for an enhanced benefits package? Seems like good sense to me.

Jul 7, 2003
Meanwhile up the road in Arun we had bins collected regular as always on the Monday. Lovely. Sorry, I know that doesn't help.

If Worthing & Adur get a nice pay rise through industrial action the it won't be long before Arun are next.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If Worthing & Adur get a nice pay rise through industrial action the it won't be long before Arun are next.

Yes I fear you're right. We already lost a lot of the Biffa brown bin collection drivers as apparently Chichester offered more money.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yes I fear you're right. We already lost a lot of the Biffa brown bin collection drivers as apparently Chichester offered more money.

But why on earth would local councils be competing with each other over a few HGV drivers. Maybe it's part of this new 'high skill, high wage' economy the Government's been on about ???

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
But why on earth would local councils be competing with each other over a few HGV drivers. Maybe it's part of this new 'high skill, high wage' economy the Government's been on about ???

Yeh it does seem odd, but they are all privately run so becomes a free for all I guess. Good for the drivers to be fair. Not so good for the bins.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

If it's Worthing and Adur, you'll be waiting a while –*don't they do alternate weeks between rubbish and recycling?

Friday is our day –*I was impressed that the boys in the big blue truck came along our road before Eunice showed her full wrath last week...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yeh it does seem odd, but they are all privately run so becomes a free for all I guess. Good for the drivers to be fair. Not so good for the bins.

Not so good for the wallets and purses of the local electorate/community either.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

it does seem odd, but they are all privately run so becomes a free for all I guess. Good for the drivers to be fair. Not so good for the bins.
Not so good for the wallets and purses of the local electorate/community either.

I really am far too subtle for this place :lolol::lolol::lolol:

:bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here