Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion 6 (players wearing gloves) Burnley 0

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
The fact that over half our team took to the pitch yesterday wearing gloves on a not particularly cold day (whilst no Burnley players did so) did not bode well for what was to follow. Discuss.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
B0C2B9DC-6AF8-4633-AF2F-684B66F810CA.jpeg

Here is your answer……I very much doubt he owns a pair of gloves

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I remember the first season of "I'm stuck with Sunderland" or whatever the documentary series was called. Sunderland sent their scout to watch some guy and the scout complained about the player wearing gloves.

They are doing great...

I've never played in gloves but I imagine that staying warm rarely makes a team lose football games.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It was a marketing ploy, to boost sales of Albion gloves in the club shop before we move into Spring and the warmer weather.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
In the UK winter, I used to regularly get Raynaud’s Disease in my fingers. While it’s just an annoyance, the sensation is hard to ignore. If any players are prone to the same, don’t blame ‘em for wearing gloves.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
In the UK winter, I used to regularly get Raynaud’s Disease in my fingers. While it’s just an annoyance, the sensation is hard to ignore. If any players are prone to the same, don’t blame ‘em for wearing gloves.

I suffer from that (where the blood supply to fingers is cut off to protect them). Gloves have never helped.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Probably helped that Burnley's last three games have been played in winds and weather as bad as that, and one of them (Watford) quite a lot worse. They're used to it. Though I'm surprised Cornet has been trained up so fast, coming from the south of France!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Temperature affects people differently.

For instance, I'm currently toasty and warm with just a t-shirt and jeans covering me whereas my girlfriend is covered in blankets and wanting to turn the heating up.

It’s her turn to sit next to the radiator. :D

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I do it all the time when running…….poor circulation in my hands, only place I really feel the cold. Extremely common to see runners in tees/vests and gloves :shrug:

This. I'll gladly run when the temperature is around freezing and not feel cold at all after a few minutes - but hands stay freezing throughout. Always wear gloves now in winter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here