Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Paper Cups For Beer

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Went to Dicks last night after the game and saw they are now serving beer in paper cups. I was told this was because of the environment, but if this was the concern couldn't they just copy Tottenham and use thicker plastic that are washed and re-used. Personally, I hated the paper cups, the staff seemed to spend ages removing froth with a scoop to see if the cup is full, I found the beer got warm, and the cups collapsed when holding. Anyone else got complaints or is it just me being a miserable old *******.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The beer tastes even more rank in them!

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Paper cups for beer is a terrible idea. Got served them at an away game this season (can’t remember which) and had a funny taste.
Plus as you say they tend to froth more takes longer to serve

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Beavertown Neck Oil was lovely out of a re-usable 'glass' at Spurs. We should have them if we are so environmentally focused.

I would think you need to add up the co2 cost of the making, washing and reusing cycle to work out if they’re actually better than a recycable paper cup. I’ve no idea but 20k plastic cups all needing washing propbably has an intensive energy use.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Prefer a Harveys in a paper cup over a plastic one to be honest if I had a choice.

I'd prefer it in a glass! . . . if l drank beer that is, which l don't.

Realise of course that isn't possible anywhere within the realms of the club, after all that glass could cause some serious damage should it be used for the wrong reasons. :drink:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Small boys in the park? Jackets for goalposts? Paper cups for beer? Hm. Marvellous. Isn't it?

gL8LYtRF_400x400.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here