Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Queen has COVID.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
When The Queen gets it, it shows that we are not out of the woods yet and we still need to be careful and test to stop infection.
But don't worry, this week Johnson will get rid of all restrictions and end free testing, even though kids are not yet vaccinated.
But Johnson doesn't care about The Queen after all he has already lied to her and held a party on the eve of her husbands funeral.
And all because he wants to be liked and become the king of the world.

kentgully

Jan 10, 2016
Worthing
When The Queen gets it, it shows that we are not out of the woods yet and we still need to be careful and test to stop infection.
But don't worry, this week Johnson will get rid of all restrictions and end free testing, even though kids are not yet vaccinated.
But Johnson doesn't care about The Queen after all he has already lied to her and held a party on the eve of her husbands funeral.

This is a post about the Queen..... Moron

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Ahhh your a monarchist now are you, right oh [emoji2357]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Is it any different if the Queen or someone else gets it?

The reason why a lot of countries are removing all/some restrictions isnt because we are now in a Covid-free world but because the severity is now lower and there is absolutely zero chance of getting rid of the virus entirely.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Let me guess, someone who wants to stay working from home and hasn’t suffered severe financial implications because of this?

Hopefully the queen will be fine anyway, she will have the best treatment available.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

The reason why a lot of countries are removing all/some restrictions isnt because we are now in a Covid-free world but because the severity is now lower and there is absolutely zero chance of getting rid of the virus entirely.

Yeah but what about Boris Johnson and Brexit ?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Let me guess, someone who wants to stay working from home and hasn’t suffered severe financial implications because of this?

Hopefully the queen will be fine anyway, she will have the best treatment available.

Chopper go’s on like a broken record, his teeth are broken I think he’s a broken man [emoji23]

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I hope she recovers soon, just as much as I would with anyone else.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

I’d presume to the queen isn’t having to pop down Asda on the bus to do her shopping and is therefore less likely to catch covid in theory.

The Queen catching covid shouldn’t be any more newsworthy than any other old person catching it, but you can certainly argue it’s a different indicator than a ‘normal’ person getting it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yeah but what about Boris Johnson and Brexit ?

There's a few hundred pages discussing the current problems created by Brexit here

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?343854-The-Brexit-Thread/page12227

and a few hundred pages discussing the current problems created by Johnson here

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?391773-Tory-meltdown-incoming

Now, can we try and keep this thread on topic :wink:

Hope she and every one else with Covid get well soon.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I’d presume to the queen isn’t having to pop down Asda on the bus to do her shopping and is therefore less likely to catch covid in theory.

The Queen catching covid shouldn’t be any more newsworthy than any other old person catching it, but you can certainly argue it’s a different indicator than a ‘normal’ person getting it.

I think she caught it from her son. Probably a pretty common cause of transmission.

* catching it from kids I mean rather than everyone catching it from Prince Charles :)

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Chopper go’s on like a broken record, his teeth are broken I think he’s a broken man [emoji23]

If anything the fact the queen has only mild symptoms and is continuing her duties should argue for the relaxation of restrictions, she’s 95 years old.

It was rumoured a few days ago she had it but unconfirmed so it appears she’s probably well into the symptom window now and only has cold like symptoms.

There are certain subjects like Brexit and covid restrictions that some people will find any way of linking a said story to suit their narrative, very strange.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

While I understand how you mean I'm not so sure she is less likely... I'm guessing she is meeting a shiteload of more people than your average 95 year old.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
While I understand how you mean I'm not so sure she is less likely... I'm guessing she is meeting a shiteload of more people than your average 95 year old.

You’re probably right, but you’d also assume those meetings are pretty heavily regulated. I can’t imagine the queen is meeting anybody who can’t provide proof they’re double/triple jabbed and has a negative LFT. Little old Dorris probably doesn’t have the same luxury.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You’re probably right, but you’d also assume those meetings are pretty heavily regulated. I can’t imagine the queen is meeting anybody who can’t provide proof they’re double/triple jabbed and has a negative LFT. Little old Dorris probably doesn’t have the same luxury.

It’s assumed she got it from the POW who himself tested positive a week ago, little old Doris still sees her dear old son right[emoji2357]

The Queen, 95, had been in contact with her eldest son and heir, the Prince of Wales, who tested positive last week.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There's a few hundred pages discussing the current problems created by Brexit here

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?343854-The-Brexit-Thread/page12227

and a few hundred pages discussing the current problems created by Johnson here

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?391773-Tory-meltdown-incoming

Now, can we try and keep this thread on topic :wink:

Hope she and every one else with Covid get well soon.

I'd just want to add the Aaron Connolly thread as in some way or another someone will think it is his fault:

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?392149-Aaron-Connolly-(previous-thread-condensed-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here