• Just one of those things, it happens in the heat of the moment

Votes: 97 53.0%
  • Both were out of order

Votes: 30 16.4%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can’t find a video of it and there is absolutely no way I’m putting myself through MOTD for those few seconds if they showed it!

I thought he was justified in having a go at Duffy as I thought he would have claimed the ball if Duffy had listened to his ALLEGED call. Sanchez seemed to be suggesting he had called and I thought Duffy reacted really badly. If he didn’t call then Duffy had every right to be pissed off with him but over reacted.

NSC seems to be split on this, no surprise there :rolleyes:

Just one of those things or should either of them take the blame for that unsavoury incident?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
From the West Upper it was impossible to tell whose "fault" it was but Duffy clearly lost the plot, unsettled the team and two minutes later committed a horredous error to gift them goal number two. Big Shane has mostly been great since his return but that was barely Celtic era Duffy yesterday. Just when we needed him to step up Weghorst gave him a football lesson.

Duffy/Veltman must be the weakest CB pairing we've ever played in the PL era. Hopefully Dunk and Webster back for Villa.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
From the West Upper it was impossible to tell whose "fault" it was but Duffy clearly lost the plot, unsettled the team and two minutes later committed a horredous error to gift them goal number two. Big Shane has mostly been great since his return but that was barely Celtic era Duffy yesterday. Just when we needed him to step up Weghorst gave him a football lesson.

Duffy/Veltman must be the weakest CB pairing we've ever played in the PL era. Hopefully Dunk and Webster back for Villa.

Word.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

With you there

Dec 29, 2011
Duffy should never play again after that. Overdramatic? I don't care. We had our backs against the wall, we needed him to step up and instead he tries to start a fight with one of our youngest players on the pitch. No excuses, get Roberts in if we need to, Duffy's just exhausted his last second chance.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Duffy should never play again after that. Overdramatic? I don't care. We had our backs against the wall, we needed him to step up and instead he tries to start a fight with one of our youngest players on the pitch. No excuses, get Roberts in if we need to, Duffy's just exhausted his last second chance.

Yeah let’s flame our most experienced centre back cover and put the blame all on him without knowing what Sanchez said to him in the heat of the moment. Sanchez at 24 with what Potter has described as no lack of self confidence is not some delicate little flower and both players came out after half time with arms around each other chatting and looked fine. They got over it suggest some of our fans do.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I feel sorry for Potter. He decided Duffy wasn’t good enough for us 2 years ago yet the club have sold Burn and White without replacing them meaning Potter now has no choice but to play Duffy.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

Cuccurella and Duffy were continually getting in each others' way , Brownhills goal was farcical. i think we can safely say that Veltman , Duffy and Cuccurella were constantly at odds whilst attempting to defend.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I feel sorry for Potter. He decided Duffy wasn’t good enough for us 2 years ago yet the club have sold Burn and White without replacing them meaning Potter now has no choice but to play Duffy.

So you don't believe Duffy hasn't earned his starts, this season, on merit?

As for the incident, I can't believe it hasn't happened before/doesn't happen weekly.

It's taken so long for me to be right - it's hard to think I am now.

My take on Duffy and Ryan was they were so good because Duffy did the job of a big keeper.
Duffy and Sanchez are one of the same, Sanchez nullifies Duffy's superpower - not so good.

Boot in a high ball and both will try and clear it with absolutely no regard for anyone else.
One will use his head, the other will use his fist.
It doesn't take Mystic Meg to work out 'what happens next?'

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So you don't believe Duffy hasn't earned his starts, this season, on merit?

As for the incident, I can't believe it hasn't happened before/doesn't happen weekly.

It's taken so long for me to be right - it's hard to think I am now.

My take on Duffy and Ryan was they were so good because Duffy did the job of a big keeper.
Duffy and Sanchez are one of the same, Sanchez nullifies Duffy's superpower - not so good.

Boot in a high ball and both will try and clear it with absolutely no regard for anyone else.
One will use his head, the other will use his fist.
It doesn't take Mystic Meg to work out 'what happens next?'

Mistake by Sanchez imho, it was nearly handball it was so close to the edge of the area, with Duffy under it and a crowd of players absolutely no need for the keeper to be out there.

From what I saw Sanchez unnecessarily continued to admonish Duffy for not getting out of his way, and continued to do so until Duffy snapped back at him.

Everyone rushing to condemn Duffy, but unless you know what was being said, there’s no room for ‘oh he’s only young’ in no fault of Sanchez’s - in that situation the only thing Sanchez should be saying to Duffy is ‘sorry mate, my fault I shouldn’t have come for it’…

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
A bit of passion from both of them. Not a big deal, I wish a few more had shown any passion.

1st goal - Cuccerella got horribly exposed by a peach of a ball and the finish was excellent, credit to Burnley for a quality call. Midfield looked totally disorganised. At this level even struggling teams have good passers, if you give them the time and space.
2nd goal - How was this allowed when Veltman, the covering defender was clearly pulled back off the ball. Ref and VAR winning combination.
3rd goal - Bissouma not even on a yellow refuses to take one for the team and tries to win the ball cleanly from a player who is already the wrong side of him, not once but twice.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Yeah let’s flame our most experienced centre back cover and put the blame all on him without knowing what Sanchez said to him in the heat of the moment. Sanchez at 24 with what Potter has described as no lack of self confidence is not some delicate little flower and both players came out after half time with arms around each other chatting and looked fine. They got over it suggest some of our fans do.

Exactly. Lots of blaming going on here when none of us knows the full facts.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Shades of Eric Steele and Gary Williams at Old Trafford.

Think you’ve summed it up perfectly.

I would add as a senior team member and vice- captain yesterday, Duffy has to lead by example in terms of his actions. Yesterday he didn’t.

Dec 29, 2011

Maybe it's my upbringing, but I've never physically laid hands on someone no matter what they've said. There's a line you don't cross and that is it. To do so is to give in to your ego. I've noticed Cucurella never gets involved with other players, even if they intentionally true to injure or impede him. He just walks away and I love it.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Maybe it's my upbringing, but I've never physically laid hands on someone no matter what they've said. There's a line you don't cross and that is it. To do so is to give in to your ego. I've noticed Cucurella never gets involved with other players, even if they intentionally true to injure or impede him. He just walks away and I love it.

Yeah because players laying their hands on other players in the heat of the moment is such a rare thing isn’t it

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The word, Mine, has a lot to answer for in football's defensive meltdowns, let's not even talk about Mine's big Brother, Leave It :lolol:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The word, Mine, has a lot to answer for in football's defensive meltdowns, let's not even talk about Mine's big Brother, Leave It :lolol:

when i was playing rep football shouting "mine" was a foul / whistle .....you had to shout your name or for the goalie it was "keepers"......all that said it's handbags and born out of frustration at an all round diastewous performance.:cool:

mjking73

Apr 17, 2013
Littlehampton
The incident was borne out of frustration. And at least they cared. Doesn't matter if a senior pro or debutant.

Hey ho, move on to Villa.

Sent from my moto g(10) using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If the keepers come for it and called for it , then it’s his. Duffy reaction seems a OTT and it definitely unsettled the team for the second.

I said it a while back but Duffy will be gone in the summer - and I just hope we have Dunk and Webster back next week

Don’t necessarily agree Burn would have been the answer to all our problems - Dunk not getting a stupid red might have been though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here