Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Consistent flow of fans leaving early every game

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
I think it's about time someone says this but is it just me that thinks there's an issue with so many people leaving early?

From what I've gathered from my few years watching the Albion I noticed that nearly every game a flow of fans have left before the final whistle, obviously yesterday wasn't a good one, probably our worst under potter but we're 9th yet about two thirds of the ground cleared out 10 minutes before the end.

And when so many people leave, how do we expect to produce a miracle last minute goal in any game when there isn't much support left?

I believe too many people are prioritizing getting home over supporting the team and if that's the case then why go in the first place?

Anyway, I'd like to hear what you lot think about it or any solutions there could be

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think it's about time someone says this but is it just me that thinks there's an issue with so many people leaving early?

From what I've gathered from my few years watching the Albion I noticed that nearly every game a flow of fans have left before the final whistle, obviously yesterday wasn't a good one, probably our worst under potter but we're 9th yet about two thirds of the ground cleared out 10 minutes before the end.

And when so many people leave, how do we expect to produce a miracle last minute goal in any game when there isn't much support left?

I believe too many people are prioritizing getting home over supporting the team and if that's the case then why go in the first place?

Anyway, I'd like to hear what you lot think about it or any solutions there could be

You know what I think?

I think you're Palace.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Took me two hours to get from West Worthing to the stadium and we arrived 15 mins late, just in time for the first goal.

I have only left early about 3 times, Bournemouth massacre and a couple of other times when I had a flight to catch.

Yesterday I did consider leaving early and nearly did because I had it in my mind it might be carnage getting out of the Uni car park.

It was and in retrospect I wish I had

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean

Well once the new stand is built I’m sure lots more of you will hang around after the final whistle.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
What an original thread... :yawn::facepalm:

People will leave whenever they want to, get a grip. Between the weather and the abject performance yesterday why go in the first place indeed? Wish I hadn't.

Dec 29, 2011
Good thread. Maybe your next threads could be about the other unaddressed issues such as the ticket transfer charge and bringing bottles into the stadium.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Last week at Watford was one of the worst mass exits i can recall. I wonder how many of the Albion end singing that "Is there a Fire Drill" dirge left early yesterday

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I mean the weather has been shocking, public transport all over the place at a ground that largely relies on public transport and we were 3-0 down to Burnley - wtf did you expect?

Previous games v Chelsea and Palace were much more full at the end still. At the Amex there will always be a higher than average number of early leavers though owed to the location of the ground etc.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I'm not really interested in what happens at Selhurst.

:shrug:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
My one time I regretted using Seagull travel as no point in leaving early. One of our worst performances against the bottom side. Never competed all game and if it saved 30mins plus travel time dont blame anybody for leaving early.
No problem with performance. These things happen thankfully very occasionally but it doesnt mean people have to sit through it until the end.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

it was the same at the goldstone , there has always been a raft of half hearted supporters who would rather "get going" than stay until the end .....the weather and the performance certainly didn't help yesterday.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

No issue.

People pay their money, they can do what the like. Transport issues mean that if the entertainment on the pitch isn’t as strong as the need to get home (and for parents on school nights, they do need to get home), then people leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
it was the same at the goldstone , there has always been a raft of half hearted supporters who would rather "get going" than stay until the end .....the weather and the performance certainly didn't help yesterday.

Watching other games on telly we're not unique anyway - happens at most grounds

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Definitely Palace! :facepalm:

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
Good thread. Maybe your next threads could be about the other unaddressed issues such as the ticket transfer charge and bringing bottles into the stadium.

Don’t forget the lack of a striker issue or Brexit too. I’m sure there are plenty of original comments still out there bursting to add to NSC………!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Obviously Palace OP but myself and my son left on 90 minutes because we were wet and cold and wanted to be near the front of the bus queue to get home to the warmth. I've only left one other match early at that was at Cardiff Ninian Park to avoid being kettled to the station. It's just a pity the Mill Road buses were so poor last night.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
They pay their money soup to them. None of our business

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here