Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] RIP Joey Beauchamp

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No age, RIP

Is he the player who walked out at half time as a guest at a match at the Goldstone when we were trying to sign him? Basically saying he had no interest in coming here?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
No age, RIP

Is he the player who walked out at half time as a guest at a match at the Goldstone when we were trying to sign him? Basically saying he had no interest in coming here?

No wasn’t that Kevin Brock?

Mullers described him later as a “sh**house” 🙈

But on the more sombre note RIP Joey.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Great on Champo 98. Seem to remember he had mental health problems and could've played at a much higher level but never felt comfortable outside of his hometown Oxford.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No age, RIP

Wasn’t that Kevin Brock?

Just seen Ian’s post, should read threads in reverse ��

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I won many league titles with him in my team on championship manager- rip joey

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Ask any Oxford fan of a certain age and Joey is their Peter Ward, Zamora or Lewis Dunk. In fact, he was such a favourite that I’m not sure there’s an Albion comparison, over that length of time.
However he struggled mentally while he was playing and once he retired, it all fell away.
Drinking, gambling, broken marriages, financial instability, depression.
I knew him a bit in Oxford and often saw him around - usually in Ladbrookes, or lashed in the city centre.
He had a strange life - Oxford fans would come up to him and tell him how great he was, but he had little to show for it, and he knew it.
It’s a classic case of a fragile person struggling with life after football.
Sadly he leaves behind two young daughters.
RIP Joey Beauchamp on the wing.

Last edited:

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Don't remember seeing him but recall his name being mentioned many times by Jeff Stelling on Soccer Saturday.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
At least I got the club he played for right :smile:

Bloody Spurs fans ��

Obviously the fact your first game was Sammy Morgan’s greatest night more than makes up for anything you may have done in your very young days….. ������

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bloody Spurs fans ��

Obviously the fact your first game was Sammy Morgan’s greatest night more than makes up for anything you may have done in your very young days….. ������

I think I”ve served my time but I know I’ll always be an outsider to some Brighton and Hove born Albion fans :smile:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think I”ve served my time but I know I’ll always be an outsider to some Brighton and Hove born Albion fans :smile:

Yes it’s an outrage ����

My first kit was Wolves, but that was because I liked the colour!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here