Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Khan Vs Brook - Fight Night

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Free on commentary on Talksport, available via Sky Sports box office or other streams.

Anyone else tuning in?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The question I always ask in boxing threads: what time is the main event likely to be?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll be whistling it up on IPTV (being as MOTD is a write-off).

Really tough one to call. Khans glass jaw vs Brooks smashed eye sockets. Brook has had to tofu his weight right down so I'm slightly leaning towards Khan, but its the toss of a coin really.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If it was on terrestrial TV (like Benn, Eubank, Honeygan, Bruno, McGuigan, Tyson and co. were) I'd watch it. Since boxing's gone all box office and PPV, I - like large numbers of the general population - don't bother with the boxing like we used to.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
If it was on terrestrial TV (like Benn, Eubank, Honeygan, Bruno, McGuigan, Tyson and co. were) I'd watch it. Since boxing's gone all box office and PPV, I - like large numbers of the general population - don't bother with the boxing like we used to.
Nothing like tuning in through the radio like the old days... Free also

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, commentary by Eamon Andrews with inter-round summaries by W(?) Barrington-Dalby - then we got it on black and white (well, mostly grey!) TV. Bliss!

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Boxing works surprisingly well on the radio.
It’s nice dropping off listening to a good fight.

D

Deleted member 2719

I miss these big fights nowadays, but like you I am ####ed if I will pay extra for a fight.
Obviously some do pay for it. Strange really.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I miss these big fights nowadays, but like you I am ####ed if I will pay extra for a fight.
Also in those days, without the plethora of channels we have now, when you went into work the next morning everybody (well, OK, mostly just the men) would be talking about it. Boxing may be bigger money-wise now, but it's not such a BIG part of everyday life as it used to be.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'll be whistling it up on IPTV (being as MOTD is a write-off).

Really tough one to call. Khans glass jaw vs Brooks smashed eye sockets. Brook has had to tofu his weight right down so I'm slightly leaning towards Khan, but its the toss of a coin really.

Both old codgers now, both way past peak and neither has had a proper serious fight in a while..... to hard to call as will depend a lot on who still has the most fitness. Early doors Brook fave, later on Khan fave, but then again I went 2-0 Albion today, so proves I know naff all!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Not strange at all. Tonight’s fight is £20.95 which sounds a lot but is nothing compared to what people pay for tickets to be there and the travel, booze etc on the night out itself.

Three pints in a Brighton boozer will now set you back nearly 18 quid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here