Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] LA (Littlehampton Town) Yoof

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyone else see the Littlehampton Town ultras at Brighton Station? A tremendous “look at me” performance from a few young lads from LA and their drum and flag, complete with posing from an empty train and smoking on the platform. But then we were all stupid at that age too, right?

But it made me think about when I was in the North Stand in the 80s and 90s and we always had a big group in there from Littlehampton. Are today’s youth starting to reject corporate, modern football to watch local non league? And, if so, can Brighton continue to attract a sustainable number of fans from older, wealthier fans from the City of Brighton and Hove?

We always used to be the county team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008
Anyone else see the Littlehampton Town ultras at Brighton Station? A tremendous “look at me” performance from a few young lads from LA and their drum and flag, complete with posing from an empty train and smoking on the platform. But then we were all stupid at that age too, right?

But it made me think about when I was in the North Stand in the 80s and 90s and we always had a big group in there from Littlehampton. Are today’s youth starting to reject corporate, modern football to watch local non league? And, if so, can Brighton continue to attract a sustainable number of fans from older, wealthier fans from the City of Brighton and Hove?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone who was anyone moved onto the East terrace north in the mid 80's

It's not just the youth that are rejecting modern corporate football either I personally know some people from Littlehampton who gave up going a while ago

All the while the Brighton and Hove city two teamers turn up in the Premier league there's nothing to worry about having replaced the disillusioned fans .

All in all the long term prognosis isn't good for crowd mix imho

Regards
DF

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Don't think going to non-league is a huge trend among the yoof and there always would have been people that follow their own locales teams. Doubt the few here and there make any particular difference to the Albion fanbase.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing

It's not just the youth that are rejecting modern corporate football either I personally know some people from Littlehampton who gave up going a while ago

All the while the Brighton and Hove city two teamers turn up in the Premier league there's nothing to worry about having replaced the disillusioned fans .

All in all the long term prognosis isn't good for crowd mix imho

Regards
DF

Palace given the North Stand. We left 5 minutes before the end and went there. They broke the gates down ran in Hove park and broke a picket fence to use as a tool. I think o reilly scored. Good Times.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Burnley yoof were well represented

7C9F1949-A39D-4165-AA63-D4C0B757C60E.jpeg

Jan 30, 2008
On that occasion Palace only bettered by Cardiff 1997.

I'm confused , Palace were in the North in 74 and five of them during a league game not involving Palace in the 80's down the front of the North stand ( they required police protection at Hove Station after the game )

Pompey were the only team given the whole of the North stand :shrug:

Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
On that occasion Palace only bettered by Cardiff 1997.

Ok, are you talking about 1990 when Palace were pushing for promotion filled the away pen then the rest were put in a section of the North they came out early and went on the rampage behind the west stand

Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ok, are you talking about 1990 when Palace were pushing for promotion filled the away pen then the rest were put in a section of the North they came out early and went on the rampage behind the west stand

Regards
DF

I fink he means the time Tough John nicked a beer mat from the Tav and tried to make a terrace brick out of it but he wasn’t strong enough to fold it so he ripped it in half and cried all the way home. It was just after Casual Dave threw a penny at a street cleaner outside the Goldstone on a Tuesday morning.
Grrrrrrrrr

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Its getting ****ing serious, I don’t mind sayin, I’m a bit ****ing didgy. These are serious players on the scene…

69601624-F7A4-410E-AF5D-D57F008D82D0.jpeg

:lolol:

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
I’m from Brighton but always loved the littlehampton lot. Always stayed together and we’re always there when it happened (and often started it). Shame 2 of them look the same :p

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017

Regards
DF

That lot weren't even at the game

Had the misfortune to bump into them coming down the OSR

Your right only Pompey were given the North

Vaguely remember 74 when Palace had half of the North

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
used to be regular punch ups at 'hamption station with BHA and Portscumouthy fans many years ago when both were playing at home on a Saturday

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My defence of Ppf

I'm confused , Palace were in the North in 74 and five of them during a league game not involving Palace in the 80's down the front of the North stand ( they required police protection at Hove Station after the game )

Regards
DF

We were all teenagers once, in our first flush of testosterone with our first pint inside us

Regards
DF

Still trying to show off to a few teenagers 10-15 years later doesn't really look great :dunce:

But still posting about 'the highlights of your life' in 2022 nearly 50 years later :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here